Running P3Dv4 and V5 simulataniously

I have studied the Manual on the libraries and tried to apply it, but it is not a solution for me.

My current P3Dv4 has 300GB and the Orbx library has 420GB. The reside on one SSD 1 TB.

Assuming the new P3Dv5 will over time be similar in size, I bought a new SSD 1TB.

I started to install P3Dv5 and some initial Orbx sceneries, but I can't get the new library for v5 onto the new SSD. It installs as new entry Orbx Library\p3dv5 on the same drive were P3Dv4 and Orbx Library\p3dv4 is installed. So that would not work having 2 times the full existing Orbx Library on the same SSD plus one P3D

What I hoped to do was to have two SSD with independend P3D v4/V5  on each:

SSD X with P3Dv4 and Library Orbx Library\p3dv4

SSD X with P3Dv5 and Library Orbx Library\p3dv5

How can I achieve this?

Hello Alexander,

you should be able to create two independent Orbx Central Libraries, one on each SSD.

I would suggest that on SSD one you rename your Orbx Central Library in Orbx Central to "Orbx P3D v4 scenery library".

Then create a new folder on your second SSD and name it whatever you want but name it in Orbx Central as "Orbx P3D v5 scenery library".

Add that folder to your copy of Orbx Central as another library and then when installing products to P3D v5, choose that one.

Archived