Trees HD help

Hi everyone,

I've just recently purchased Trees HD for FSX: SE and I honestly can say I do not see a difference - i'm still seeing only the default FSX trees. I've flown in familiar areas, and not so familiar and i'm quite disappointed. I would either like some support or regrettably removal of the add on from my account and a refund.

I've installed through Orbx Central. I've done the settings as recommended in the manual. If there's anything i've missed, i'd like to know.

By the way, I purchased Australia V2 the other week, and i'm enjoying it quite a lot.

Thanks for your time.

Hi all, I'm sorry for the duplicate posts. Not sure if I posted in the right sub forum but I would like some help regarding Trees HD... 

I've just recently purchased Trees HD for FSX: SE and I honestly can say I do not see a difference - i'm still seeing only the default FSX trees. I've flown in familiar areas, and not so familiar and i'm quite disappointed. I would either like some support or regrettably removal of the add on from my account and a refund.

I've installed through Orbx Central. I've done the settings as recommended in the manual. If there's anything i've missed, i'd like to know.

By the way, I purchased Australia V2 the other week, and i'm enjoying it quite a lot.

Thanks for your time.

Hi, welcome to the forums, I have merged your topics.

Could you please post some screenshots with coordinates from the Shift+Z keys. 

Also, Please post a copy of your scenery.cfg file found at C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX.
Please note: Do not open the file and copy and paste the contents, just attach the file.

36 minutes ago, Doug Sawatzky said:

Also, Please post a copy of your scenery.cfg file found at C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX.
Please note: Do not open the file and copy and paste the contents, just attach the file.

Hi Doug, 

I really appreciate the reply. I will do that this evening. Thank you. 

8 hours ago, Doug Sawatzky said:

Hi Doug,

Please find some screens and scenery.cfg attached.  I'm really hoping something is wrong because if this is what Trees HD is, it's quite disappointing. Thanks for your help.

20200423184323_1.jpg

20200423184408_1.jpg

20200423184454_1.jpg

20200423184459_1.jpg

10 hours ago, Doug Sawatzky said:

Hi

Thanks

The trees themselves look fine to me, but your autogen settings look like they are turned way down. When I get home later today I will go to these locations in the sim and have a closer look.

Thanks for having a look. I'm surprised the trees look fine, it's nothing like the screenshots advertised :( As for the autogen settings, it's at the level recommended in the manual, should I turn it up? 

Hi, thanks

I see this is the YMMB area, and with my settings set as per the user guide, I see pretty much the same thin you do.

This seems to not be a heavily forested area to begin with.

The Trees HD product does not add more trees, the only way to add more trees is to turn up the autogen density.

I would also experiment with the different seasons and locations to see the product working by creating different colors on the trees.

This is summer with autogen density at normal, same as yours.

YMMB.PNG

This is summer with autogen density at Max

YMMB Max.PNG

This is fall with autogen density at Max

YMMB Fall.PNG

1 hour ago, Doug Sawatzky said:

Hi, thanks

I see this is the YMMB area, and with my settings set as per the user guide, I see pretty much the same thin you do.

This seems to not be a heavily forested area to begin with.

The Trees HD product does not add more trees, the only way to add more trees is to turn up the autogen density.

I would also experiment with the different seasons and locations to see the product working by creating different colors on the trees.

This is summer with autogen density at normal, same as yours.

YMMB.PNG

This is summer with autogen density at Max

YMMB Max.PNG

This is fall with autogen density at Max

YMMB Fall.PNG

Hi Doug, 

Thanks for the detailed explanation. I was speaking more of the quality of the trees rather than the amount. Though I will increase my autogen density and test. A few more questions if I may. Are the trees I'm seeing in the screens the default FSX trees or the Trees HD? Would I expect to see default FSX trees? Or does Trees HD completely replace them? 

I'm somewhat comparing what I'm seeing to the screenshots that I see on the store. 

The trees you are seeing are the Trees HD, they are the same trees as default but with a better quality texture, Trees HD is a default texture replacement, and the location you chose to view barely has any trees, and they are not locations shown in the store screenshots.

You might want to try some different locations where trees are plentiful and experiment with different seasons.

Archived