Same addons in both V4 and V5

Your Central log file provides us important information, please attach it to your support requests. You can find it at the following locations, or by pressing Control + Shift + L.

• Windows: %APPDATA%/Orbx/Central/central.log
  • macOS: ~/Library/Application Support/Orbx/Central/central.log
  • Linux: ~/.config/Orbx/Central/central.log

You can delete this box/quote once your log is attached

Operating system:  win 10

Simulator:  p3d v4 & V5

Screenshot:  

Issue:  same addons in both version on the same pc

Hello everyone. All of my Orbx addons are installed in the main library outside of the sim core and activated in the p3d V5. Is it possible to activate those same addons in p3d v4 without double installing them? Thank you

ivan 

Good afternoon from the Netherlands!

I try my best english here to point out the rather peculiar and seemingly complex problem i found.

According to the above suggested solution by Nick I think I have to report a bug in Central v4.16. My p3dv4 libraries have been installed on a 1 Tb PCIe SSD for load speed. But 1 Tb is not enough to also accomodate the complete p3dv5 set. So i parked these on another disk. Unfortunately, if you change the library location in Central p3dv5, it is also changed to that location in the p3dv4 department. So that solution did not work for me. Therefore i tried the symbolic link solution (mklink /j name target). After that has been done and looking at the p3dv5 directory on the fast SSD, all directories and files are there, although in reality they are situated on another disk. So far so good.

Now for the bug in central. 

If you choose the p3dv5 part in Central, NONE of the scenery seems to be installed (green "V" missing). So I installed a few (see attachment "Take 01"). Now the "V"'s are present. But if you restart Central or if you visit the p3dv4 part en then return, all green "V"'s are gone again ("Take 02"). Of course i started p3dv5 (LOWI) to find the scenery actve. Also when looking in the "add-on"s I found ALL Orbx scenery installed there. I don't understand why, but if I remove the symbolic links again and reinstall the files on the fast disk, everything in Centaral is ok and stays that way. Green "V" wise i mean.

So why is Central not able to handle symbolic links correctly?

According to the above i also have a question/request: Can it perhaps be made possible to set the library location for p3dv5 independantly from the library location in p3dv4? This may help a lot if one is running out of diskspace... 

Regards from Leo van Beusekom,

Voorschoten, The Netherlands.

Take 01.JPG

Take 02.JPG

Hello,

On 4/23/2020 at 2:50 AM, Lbm1951 said:

If you choose the p3dv5 part in Central, NONE of the scenery seems to be installed (green "V" missing). So I installed a few (see attachment "Take 01"). Now the "V"'s are present. But if you restart Central or if you visit the p3dv4 part en then return, all green "V"'s are gone again ("Take 02"). Of course i started p3dv5 (LOWI) to find the scenery actve. Also when looking in the "add-on"s I found ALL Orbx scenery installed there. I don't understand why, but if I remove the symbolic links again and reinstall the files on the fast disk, everything in Centaral is ok and stays that way. Green "V" wise i mean.

So why is Central not able to handle symbolic links correctly?

I wouldn't recommend using symbolic links, the add-on.xmls for each product are customized for the respective simulator.

On 4/23/2020 at 2:50 AM, Lbm1951 said:

According to the above i also have a question/request: Can it perhaps be made possible to set the library location for p3dv5 independantly from the library location in p3dv4? This may help a lot if one is running out of diskspace... 

You can create as many libraries as you want, and use them however you wish. More can be added in Orbx Central under Settings, Libraries.

Hi Mitchell

Thanks for your explanation. I'm going to create a seperate set of libs specifically for v5 and pointing to the other disk. I will let you know if that solves my problem. In the meantime i deleted all symblic links!  ;-)

Archived