[US FLORIDA] The following scenery package has a problem and will therefore not be loaded

I keep getting this message in my X plane 11 even after installing the newest libraries. Is there anything I am missing? I have already uninstalled and reinstalled multiple times and made sure everything was correct.

The following scenery package has a problem and will therefore not be loaded:
0:01:04.693 E/SYS: | Custom Scenery/Orbx_C_US_Florida_TE_Orthos/
0:01:04.693 E/SYS: | It requires an additional library scenery package that is not installed, or it is missing some of its files.
0:01:04.693 E/SYS: | http://lookup.x-plane.com/_lookup_11_/missing_custom_scenery.html
0:01:04.693 E/SYS: | (io_dsf.cpp:703)

8 minutes ago, Avination20 said:

The sim continues to work after I remove the message. I just verified all the files again but the problem is persisting.

Log.txt 63.47 kB · 1 download

The log is indicating your are missing some texture files. The message is indicative of an incomplete installation. Normally this is because of a lack of free space on your disk.Please advise the following:

1. How much free  space does your C drive have?

2. Are you installing the addon to your XP directory and what disk drive is that on, C drive as well or another drive?

3. If another drive, what is the free space on that drive?

Please post a pic of the following page in your Orbx Central/settings/downloads, like in my sample pic below.

Capture.thumb.JPG.618a7cfb3256264e0da033ced6b0eb9d.JPG

I was able to resolve installation issues. It seemed to work itself out. I just cleared out all the "chunk" files and deleted everything and did another complete install and it seemed to work. Now there is another issue with dirt effects on paved surfaces, like here at Boca Raton (BCT) airport. FL Airports are above Global Airports in the Scenery.ini as well. Any solution to this? 

Glad you finally got your installation sorted out.

Regarding airports,  there are no Orbx airports in TE Florida. They are all default XP airports.The TE Florida Airports file only places some correcting info of the runway placements so that they match the ortho imagery of the runways versus the incorrect default placement of some runways whicha re incorrect.

We can ask @Tony Wroblewski regarding dirt effect on paved runways

I am verifying the files yet again because now I am having an issue where huge areas of ortho scenery are completely missing. This was going into Orlando. 

Another issue I am having is my engine heat effects are no longer showing from running engines. I verified the integrity of my x plane files as well as the TE FL files. This addon is somehow causing a domino effect of bugs in my x plane 11.41, which was running fine before installing the Orbx scenery. 

a321 - 2020-04-22 14.14.53.png

scenery_packs.ini Log.txt

Hi. Sorry about your problems. I assure you that TE Florida is not the cause of all your issues. You had it running although briefly, a while ago.

We will delve further to see what the issue is but there are a couple of things to note.

Your XP log shows no error reports about TE Florida although there is clearly a tile missing in your pic.Your scenery_packs.ini is all wrong regarding that you have at least 8-10 3rd party airports layered below Global Airports when they should be above. I have rearranged it for you. It may not solve the issue but it will be better once we do solve the issue.

The loss of heat exhaust from your plane has nothing to do with Orbx nor TE Florida. That is a XP issue which you need to rectify potentially via XP Planemaker or asking on the XP .org forum. It is coincidence that the effect is gone while you are having an issue with TE Florida.

What are the sizes of your TE Florida files please and file count for each, like this example:

Capture.JPG.85f50f984b229f03fca6320e10bf33ba.JPG

scenery_packs.ini

Do you have a backup copy of TE Florida? If so delete it as it may be corrupted and when you run Verify Files it is just reading the corrupted backup copy.Also Clear your Temp folder.

Having done those 2 things, then run the Verify Files again.

How to delete the backup file and how to clear the Temp folder are illustrated in the last pic below.

InkedInkedCapture_LI.thumb.jpg.3dd2a6114cfb3b8b2c418568eec9e6f4.jpg

Jon, thanks for all your help so far. I cleared the temp folder and made sure there are no backups of Orbx in both the C and E drive. I also swapped the scenery_packs.ini with the new one you provided and verified the files again. I attached the TE Florida files below. 

It seems when I load into places like Orlando within the FL region the scenery loads okay (I think) with no problems flying around. However, when I fly into Orlando from places outside of the TE FL region like NY, SC, ATL, the scenery shows a large blue box follows underneath me after flying into the region for about 50 miles. 

orbxb.jpg

orbxa.jpg

orbxc.jpg

Bombardier_Cl_300 - 2020-04-23 10.43.43.png

This was taken after 10-15 min being paused over the once bigger blue box. Basically the scenery is loading in extremely slowly because after another 5 min the blue box was completely gone. So it taking roughly 20-30 min for the scenery to actually load in when flying into the TE FL region.

Bombardier_Cl_300 - 2020-04-23 10.56.07.png

I reported this issue to Laminar Research shortly after Florida was released.. The problem is that the system is trying to loads of lots of images and small files from the disk, and it's struggling to keep up. The solution, which hopefully comes soon, is that LR will allow X-Plane to load data from single file archives which should speed things up. It shouldn't happen on an SSD drive, but slow disks may see this.

Are there any solutions to this because it is almost unusable to me. I don't mind flying VFR around FL of course but I would like it to work when I am flying into FL on a normal flight also. Would the SD version be the better alternative? My specs are: i7 7700k @ 4.20ghz, nvidia gtx1080 8gb, 16gb ram, 1TB HDD  

SD version will improve loading times, so it's worth a try (you should have it for free if you have the HD version)

The big issue is that the sim is trying to load thousands of files, and a standard mechanical drive struggles loading lots of small files, but can handle larger files fine.

Okay, so is there anything I can do to make either my HDD faster or more efficient on loading in the scenery? I do fly on vatsim a lot so if I can't see an airport then obviously that is an issue because I can't pause the sim for 10-15 min to let the scenery load. I bought the HD version in hopes of using it without issues like this. BTW the performance is very good even when all the HD orthos are loaded in. Do I need to wait for a fix from LR to use the HD version? 

I see you have 2 options until LR implement loading from archives:

1) Pick yourself up an external SSD drive such as this one that I use. https://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-MU-PA500B-Portable-SSD-500GB/dp/B074MCM721 Copy your heaviest scenery to it, and I think you'll notice an immediate difference, not just with Florida, but with other sceneries as well that you store on it.. But of course it'll cost money, and may not be an option for you.

2) Try out the SD version to see if it improves things. 

But in short, the bottleneck is your HDD. The rest of your system is more than good enough to run the sim nicely.

Archived