Orbx Backups problems

I am not sure if this is the correct place for this post. Feel free to move it if required.

I deleted P3D V4.5 and installed P3D v5. I then installed fresh all Orbx software and had kept 

my original Orbx Backups and Orbx Library folders having deleted their original contents

These 2 folders are in D and F Drives respectfully.

I followed exactly the same procedure I had adopted when using  Orbx Central  with P3D v4.5.

I have attached Screenshots 1 and 2 which show My Products that I have purchased.

After I installed all my Orbx software and as was the case in P3D V4.5  I then verify each product

which is then automatically placed as shown in Screenshot 2.jpg and 3.jpg.

The problem I have (and was not present in P3D V4.5) is that there are 52 Orbx software installed  (refer 1 and 2 .png)

but for some reason not all software installed after verification appear in Screenshot 2.jpg. For example several USA, 

European and Australian airports are not shown. Screenshot 3.jpg is okay as was the case when in P3D V4.5.

I would appreciate some advice/assistance to somehow rectify the problem. I even uninstalled/reinstalled and re-verified

missing items but had no luck.

Noel Southam

noels7

Screenshot_1.png

Screenshot_2.png

Screenshot 2.jpg

Screenshot 3.jpg

Hi Nick

Thanks for your reply. At first I was slightly confused by your comments.

Obviously I didn't fully comprehend what was written regarding Libraries in FTX Central when I originally 

installed it.

Could you please consider this?:

1. My whole system is imaged every 2nd day to preserve important data contained on my computer.

2. I have plenty of bandwidth, excellent download speeds and as such have disabled Automatically backup product install files.

3. I have no need and will not migrate files from my installation to a Library.

$. Temporary location for files remains ticked at default location (C:\Users\Noel\AppData\Local\Temp\Orbx\temp).

So in effect there is no need or requirement for me to have any backup files created by myself or automatically by FTX Central. Is that correct?

Noel Southam

noels7

Hello Noel,

in your circumstances and indeed unless a customer has a very slow or unreliable internet connection,

there is no need to keep a backup.

The "Verify files" function will solve almost all problems that might previously have required a reinstallation.

I would exclude from that the customer who has a need to reinstall everything when encountering even

the slightest problem, but you clearly do not fall into that category.

Archived