Orbx not working

hello, i was able to follow the instalation procedure by copying the library folders to the new prepar3d library 

it was working fine until i accidentally press the “delete generated files” icon

now i cant see any product and even reinstalling the client dindt do the trick, neither formatting the drive i created for p3d V5

ive uninstalled , formatted and nothing happened and i dont know why by doing this if i do a install from scratch the sim still remain with the same display settings as it was

any suggestions?

Hello Giorgio,

unfortunately, there was no need to reinstall anything but that advice is now too late.

Running delete generated files deletes your add-ons.cfg file among many other things.

After you have reinstalled everything, if you run P3D, all the deleted cfg files will be

regenerated, but in default form.

Opening Orbx Central at its Settings\Help page will allow you to run Sycn Simulator.

This will write back all of the Orbx configurations and make it all work again.

1 hour ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello Giorgio,

unfortunately, there was no need to reinstall anything but that advice is now too late.

Running delete generated files deletes your add-ons.cfg file among many other things.

After you have reinstalled everything, if you run P3D, all the deleted cfg files will be

regenerated, but in default form.

Opening Orbx Central at its Settings\Help page will allow you to run Sycn Simulator.

This will write back all of the Orbx configurations and make it all work again.

tried that already, not working still default textures

Hello

I have the identical problem after running "Delete Generated Files" (I had to run this after installing a FlyTampa scenery that caused P3D to crash and even re-installing P3Dv5 didn't resolve the issue.  Running Delete Generated Files did fix it, but now my Orbx scenery, while all installed and showing as primary scenery within P3D, still they do not load when opening a location in P3D).  I did have Orbx and P3D v5 working properly prior to running "Delete Generated Files".  I have tried everything I can think of, and I did the Sync indicated above but it hasn't made any difference.  I have the Orbx scenery on a separate drive and used mklink to create a link within the P3D directory (as indicated this setup itself worked prior to running Delete Generated Files).  I can't understand why P3D won't load my Orbx scenery when it is listed in the Scenery library and everything seems right.  Any help would be appreciated!

Hello,

this line from your log suggests that the scenery.cfg file is in fact complete.

[SUCCESS] Saved C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5\scenery.cfg

Is that the file that you have attached?

The attachments in post 6 are working fine by the way.

On 4/20/2020 at 7:43 AM, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

try going to the Orbx Central Settings\Help page and running Sync Simulator.

Thanks for the tip Nick. Installed v5 yesterday, followed all the steps to migrate my files to v5 but for some reason Orbx was not showing up. Ran the sync simulator as you suggested and voila, problem solved. Thank you.

Cheers

1 hour ago, Nick Cooper said:

Is that the file that you have attached?

Yes the cfg is from program data ..... what's the significance of the 'SUCCESS' message ??

for your info, in spite of, after my first attempt to resync getting the add-on acceptance message on startup  there's no relevant folder in the add-ons folder in 'documents' only one for fsuipc, the only other 3rd party add-on installed ......

Hello,

you should not expect there to be anything in the Documents folder for Orbx products.

They do not use it.

Can you attach a copy of your C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5\add-ons.cfg file and your

C:\Users\your name\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5\add-ons.cfg file please?

Sorry to bother you again, Nick, but as I said in my original message I did try running the Sync Simulator in Orbx Central and it didn't work.  I still get the stock scenery loading in P3D even though all of the Orbx Scenery is all showing up in the Scenery Library starting at Priority 1.

Thanks for the quick reply Nick.  I am very familiar with the (excellent!) look of Orbx Scenery so I know I'm not seeing it, but I get that you have to deal with people with multiple levels of sim experience. (Just so you know that on my sim I have 3 - i7 computers and running an NVidia GForce GTX 1080Ti with 11GB of video RAM on the main computer on my sim, so it's not a hardware or lack of knowledge issue :) ).  But I understand you deal with a wide variety of sim enthusiasts!  

I will attach a photo landing near  Manchester (I can only load 1 because of file size, but I could send more) and one of my Scenery Library in P3D v5 Capture.thumb.PNG.7cf829136b0153d589d66f55a5f0e89b.PNGwhich I just took as screenshots.

Knutsford.PNG

Hello, apologies.

The problem with having four customers in the same topic is that sometimes I answer one with the other's answer.

Could I ask you to disable the speed trees and take another shot with coordinates please?

Then I can set my copy of P3D v5 up as yours is and make a comparison.

Thanks.

Guys I found the solution for this problem

I ran lorby addon organizer, i did a back up/restore scenery cfg settings the i ran central, verify files and sync simulator and it solved my problem its now showing everything back

I verified and sync simulator one by one not all add ons at the same time

so lorby to restore everything 

Orbx/very files/sync sim

open prepar3d close it

repeat same steps for each Orbx add on

Archived