ESSA - Red cubes

Hey,

They are dummy-boxes to make sure the scenery is loaded correctly at distance and are located a few hundred meters below the surface so shouldnt be visible.

I'll see if they pop up for me as well in v5, but when we have previously had this issue coming up for other products it was usually an addon like ChasePlane or such that caused it, are you using that one perhaps? There was a setting that needed to be changed.

But also, it is v5 and we have seen some small issues popping up with altitude for objects and most of them are cleared by restarting the sim.

Have you had that issue more than once? Is it re-occuring? Can you see them from ground as well?

Also, that paint is sweet, where did you get it? I assume it is for the Flysimware plane right? Works with the latest version?

Cheers,

Marcus

2 hours ago, Marcus Nyberg said:

Hey,

They are dummy-boxes to make sure the scenery is loaded correctly at distance and are located a few hundred meters below the surface so shouldnt be visible.

I'll see if they pop up for me as well in v5, but when we have previously had this issue coming up for other products it was usually an addon like ChasePlane or such that caused it, are you using that one perhaps? There was a setting that needed to be changed.

But also, it is v5 and we have seen some small issues popping up with altitude for objects and most of them are cleared by restarting the sim.

Have you had that issue more than once? Is it re-occuring? Can you see them from ground as well?

Thank you for the fast answer!

Yes, I am using chaseplane. What setting do I need to change?

I just did a second test flight and the cubes are still there, although they sink into the ground the closer you get. I think this is a fault of p3d v5

I cannot see the cubes on the ground. They seem to appear quite soon after heading away from the airport though.

In this picture I was at around 5000ft

2020-4-19_11-2-6-78.thumb.png.2aa319a0c4c515e1670b96985a8e2464.png

Overflying the airport, cubes are there

2020-4-19_11-7-31-630.thumb.png.0146d7e29c6ce6ac05c3d30a01b324f1.png

2 hours ago, Marcus Nyberg said:

Also, that paint is sweet, where did you get it? I assume it is for the Flysimware plane right? Works with the latest version?

Yes its for the Flysimware Learjet and you can get the livery here. There is already an installer for P3D v5 and the aircraft seems to work just fine

18 hours ago, Marcus Nyberg said:

Hey again,

Could you try to start v5 without chaseplane active and see if you get the boxes then?

In our testing one tester seems to get that issue now in v5 with chaseplane.

Just so we can narrow the problem down.

Cheers,

Marcus

I made two test flights, one without chaseplane and one with chaseplane.

It seems like the problem is in the outside view

Without Chaseplane:

2020-4-20_9-44-27-377.thumb.png.a78fbb0c664cfc2cadfe7152c85b5ca4.png

From the VC:

2020-4-20_9-45-33-62.thumb.png.27490edbb24e5f4666dd0ed1d7db68bc.png

With Chaseplane:

2020-4-20_9-58-14-20.thumb.png.bb9f6b348ec145cd6f6fa3c36d1251ca.png

From the VC:

2020-4-20-9-58-26-246.png

Archived