Vector in P3D v5

farman

Hi Nick,

thanks for your answer; my question is of a general interest, since I'm reinstalling airports in v5 (so far a tenth is working without any issue); but before or after I'll face some elevation trouble; and I remember that in the Orbx airport pack there were airports that needed to be fixed by the Vector tool. I was wondering if I might copy and paste part of the ALT .bgl files in the Scenery/World/Scenery folder.

Fulvio

So is this the end of Vector, can we finally say goodbye to this software? 

If so, is it because V5 contains its own vector data that is completely adequate? 

Without Vector, Pilots won't be able to push the interface with Vector and its mesh product.   I see they have something new on the market for mesh for v5

Never mind, 

I have my answer from the forums

One notable exception to this will be Orbx Global VECTOR; at this point we are not intending to port this title to the new platform. The data within in Prepar3D v5 is much newer and complete and makes Global VECTOR less relevant. Airport data in Global VECTOR is also incompatible with Prepar3D v5. Though Global VECTOR does have additional features such as road tunnels and custom textures, at this stage we do not intend to modify it for Prepar3D v5.

Archived