I Few Visual Glitches to Bring to Your Attention

Hi: The Orbx sceneries look awesome in P3D V5.  Just a few glitches to bring to your attention.  The first picture below is floating black square at Narvik airport.  The second is a floating Visual Docking Guidance System light at Leeds Bradford.  The third and fourth are a floating "X" near one of the Leeds windsocks.   After I  took off, I saw another "X" near the second Leed windsock.  Also, as I  took off, I also saw an artifact that appeared as a tall, dark green spire that emanating from the ground into the sky. Thanks, Mike Gutierrez, North Hollywood, California.

Tu6ba4Q.jpg

x6hxjYF.jpg

dxtNFyM.jpg

ApJJpBw.jpg

Hello,

thanks.

We are working on the floating objects and the big X is where the Orbx windsock is

referenced by SODE but you don't have the model in your SODE Simobjects folder.

You can resolve that by running verify files for the airport but then you will have

two at each location.

I see that you do have a UK 2000 windsock however.

Hi Nick: Thanks for getting back to me.  The problems are partially solved.  I did as you suggested and verified the Leeds files.  You comments also led me to think of another issue.  I had the UK 2000 Leeds before Orbx released its version.  I deactivated the UK2000 Leeds, but I did not remove the UK2000 XML file for  leads in SODE.  I renamed the XML file to off, and it appears to have solved the windsock and the Visual Docking Guidance System issues.  Below is a photo of the artifact at Leeds.  Thanks again for your help, and  stay safe.  Mike Gutierrez, North Hollywood, California

8y8ZMTM.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Nick, I'm new to this scenery and have never had the UK2000 scenery before installing Orbx Leeds. I have the same 'bush on the top of a spike of terrain' issue. Where is it that I set the scenery complexity to 5? is that in the p3d config or in the settings or something?

Regards,

-Peter

Archived