YBCG P3Dv5 xml method

Hi All,

When you download YBCG via the xml method version 1.00 does not recognise AU2, rather the control panel still refers to FTX.

If you download YBCG via the scenery.cfg method version 1.00 does recognise AU2, and the control panel allows you to select that you have AU2 installed.

I have found this anomaly as I currently have P3Dv4 HF3 and P3Dv5 installed (using cfg with V4 and xml on V5); they are on separate drives and I am NOT pointing both to the same Orbx directory (by conscious decision) thus meaning I have the same scenery installed on two separate drives - 1 for 4 and 1 for 5.

As such, I can actually verify that there is a difference between the same YBCG version1.00 courtesy of cfg vs xml.

This has not been easy to explain, please reach out for further if I have not made sense.

Mark

Hi Nick,

Thank you for the reply. Interesting!

Even if I completely uninstall YBCG from v5, and re-install, I get the same (original pre AU2) control panel. I am not using a saved installer... this is coming via a fresh download.

I can’t seem to do anything to get the right version that has AU2 compatibility in the control panel.

Thanks,

Mark

Further to my last, it would seem the answer is from this thread re AU2 airport compatability - see last post by Graeme re YBCG xml method. 

https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/175354-Orbx-airport-updates-for-auv2/

"This update will not work with YBCG installed in P3D V4 via XML Add-On with Orbx Central but will be fine for other sims installed via Orbx Central and all installs via the old FTXC 3."

I'm pleased I am not going around the bend in my government imposed house detention!

Can we get this fixed? It looks like it was just forgotten. And a close look at the files seems to show that AU2 compatability is for the bonus YSPT airport, not YBCG.

Thanks,

Mark

Hello Nick,

Thank you for assisting me, I really appreciate it.

Regretably, the control panel does not work, as the underlying files ......Au2.BGL are also required.

Now, as I have two parallel  installs, I can work it out, and have updated v5 with the appropriate Au2 files from my v4 installation, and both YBCG and YSPT are exactly aligned in both systems doing a side by side comparison, so there is no issue in the Sim.

However, the source issue is not here on my PC - the source issue is how the Orbx script assembles the data for a xml build versus a .cfg build. I can repeatedly recreate the issue (and then fix it manually) - someone (and I absolutely appreciate it is not you) needs to look at what the assembly is - if you request a library download (xml) it actually delivers you differently dated (and older) files than if you request a .cfg or traditional delivery. 

Something is not correct at the source. I un-installed and re-installed YBCG in v4 via the .cfg method, and it works properly. 

Thanks again and enjoy your Saturday.

Kind regards,

Mark

Hello,

perhaps, for some reason, you and I are not receiving the same files.

As I mentioned, I have made a clean installation of this product

inside P3D v5, outside P3D v5, inside P3D v4 and outside P3D v4

without replicating your problem.

I'll refer this upstairs.:)

Archived