Global Light Configurator question

RobC

Is this working?

The night lights are a little too bright and bloomy for me, but when I run the configurator from within the Central in V5 sim mode, it only shows P3Dv4.x as a selectable sim.

I haven't had to use this configurator in awhile so I kind of forgot how it even works.

thanks

On 4/16/2020 at 4:03 AM, RobC said:

Is this working?

The night lights are a little too bright and bloomy for me, but when I run the configurator from within the Central in V5 sim mode, it only shows P3Dv4.x as a selectable sim.

I haven't had to use this configurator in awhile so I kind of forgot how it even works.

thanks

I noticed this too. Would only detect FSX and not v5.

Well I tried running it while I was in the V5 section of Central, even though it says P3Dv4 in the configurator dropdown, and I think it works. The lights that "I think" are Orbx global lights seem to look a little better.

but It could just be me... 

I'm with all y'all. I really like the lighting tweaks this tool has provided me over the years.

And.. Even tried running FTX GLOBAL Lights Configurator.exe from the Orbx scrips folder inside P3Dv5.... got a "no flight sim found" error.

Perhaps someone from Orbx will chime in if this tool will ever be available in P3D v5.?

• 1 month later...

I notice the P3D v5 is in the list for the configurator now, but all the boxes are blank and I'm not sure if I should set anything as I can't go back to "blank" if it breaks something.

Can I have some official confirmation that this tool is supported in P3D please?

Archived