Obtaining Canadian VFR Charts

ilya1502

Dear Community,

This is my first topic on this forum and I would like to greet everyone and thank the FTX Team for their great and immersive add-on's for FSX.

As you see from my userbar below, I am the owner and flyer of the NABlue - Pacific Northwest Scenery. The scenery itself is so good and precise that it is possible to navigate using even the most detailed aeronautical charts. The problem is that where to obtain some.

Personally, I have downloaded the needed ones from the AviationToolBox. They are not very up-to-date, but it is not a problem for flight simulation. We can also use SkyVector or RunwayFinder for obtaining up-to-date USA VFR Sectionals Online.

So, as you can see, getting the charts for the US is not a problem. The problem is where to get the Canadian ones? The NABlue scenery contains a good amount of Canadian territory I want to explore, but I have no idea how to navigate. The Google Earth is good for finding landmarks and interesting places, but it lacks any specific aviation related information. For now I have only an option of buying a chart from a pilot store :) So I would like to ask, how do you find your way out of here? Maybe there are some online resources like Skyvector?

I will appreciate any help.

Best Regards,

Ilya

Hello Ilya,

welcome to ORBX and thanks for the kind words!

Unfortunately, online Canadian VFR charts aren't as readily available as the US counterparts. However, I posted links to some resources in a sticky thread in the Flightplans forum: http://orbxsystems.com/forums/index.php?topic=19553.0

Cheers, Holger

Archived