[HELP] TrueEarth US Northern California Installation

XPLover

Hello, I have problem with this package that I bought yesterday. I installed through Central Orbx. However, when I started the game it have issues which got me really frustrated and I don't know how to make it works. 

When I started the game it game error message. Can you guy help me now? I am much appreciated 

Here is the error when i start up the game:

There was a problem loading the scenery package

Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_US_NoCal_TE_Custom/

The scenery may not look correct

Please see the log.txt.file for detailed error information

Here is my scenery_packs:

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/KSEA Demo Area/

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/ Orbx_A_US_NorCal_TE_Custom

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/ Orbx_B_US_NorCal_TE_Overlay
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/ Orbx_C_US_NorCal_TE_Orthos

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/ Orbx_OrbxlibXP/

Please help me out. 

Please attach that XP Log file immediately after you try a flight which gives you that error message.

Also attach your scenery_packs.ini rather than a pic. It looks very bare as I don't see that you have Global Airports in the pic 

OK thanks for coming back.

I note 2 things from your pic.

1. Your temp folder is on C drive. What free space do you have on C drive? Please advise

2. Can you confirm that you have been to location of your where any backup was made C/users/Appadata/roaming/Orbx/ central/ back as shown in the pic and deleted any folders in there? Please advise

Is your C drive the only disk drive you have or do you have XP on a different drive. If on a different drive, what free space do you have on that drive? Please advise

1. I have 240GB free space on C drive

2. I follow this C/users/Appadata/roaming/Orbx/ central/back BUT i couldn't find any folder anywhere

3. I have my XP11 in a different drive - F drive which currently have 111gb free space

13 minutes ago, XPLover said:

1. I have 240GB free space on C drive

2. I follow this C/users/Appadata/roaming/Orbx/ central/back BUT i couldn't find any folder anywhere

3. What do you mean XP? Is it Ortho4XP? 

I have my XP11 in a different drive - F drive (111gb free space)

XP means X-Plane.

With the details you have given me it appears your don't have enough free space either on your C drive nor the drive you want to install NorCal on

If you check the information on Orbx Direct for TE NorCal you will see this:

Installation size: 210GB of disk space required, 300GB free space before install

So you see you don't have enough space on your C drive as 300GB is required, and you have only 240GB, nor on your your XPlane drive where 200GB is required and you only have 111GB fre space. In addition there needs to be at least 10-15% of space left free for the disk to be able to function as designed.

Have you considered installing the the SD version, which is what I have and works and looks absolutely fine. The HD version is probably preferable if most of your flying is below 2000ft as the resolution is ZL17 versus the SD version at ZL16. Above 2500-3000ft SD is superb. It is much smaller an installation, loads faster, doesn't require all the conversion process that the HD version needs during installation.

The SD version requires the following free space for download and installation, and is well within your current free space availability:

Installation size: 54GB of disk space required, 90GB free space before install

You could consider the SD version until you either remove some addons to make space or and preferable if cosy is not a problem. and additional Disk drive of say 1TB.

I don't know where you live so I cannot compare prices but I bought a 4TB USB3 external HD for £80 UK sterling. Runs fine and is quite quick at loading.

5 minutes ago, XPLover said:

Okay. thank you so much. 

I will buy 4tb usb3 external HD. Then, I will install the XP11, Orbx, Orbx Library all in this 4TB drive, and the game should work fine. Am I correct? By the way, I live in US

Yes the 4TB should be ample. Just remember that when you get it, make sure you create a new Temp folder on that 4TB drive, otherwise it will remain on the default location of C drive which is not what you want. The pic i first loaded to you shows that you will need to point Orbx Central to the new location of your Temp folder by clicking on the Edit option and going to the Temp folder and clicking on it so that it's path is recorded in Orbx Central. You will see in my pic that I have moved my Temp folder from C drive to E drive

There is also something very odd about your XP Log file. It shows the version of XP you are using as:

log.txt for X-Plane 11.00r1 (build 110025 64-bit)
 compiled on Mar 29 2017 22:04:46

You definitely need to update XP to the latest non beta version which is 11.40

Hi John. Been following this post. So you have your Xplane on an external drive and it works ok and loads a bit faster. At the moment mine is on a 2tb drive internal drive, plus my Xplane is the Steam item. Plus if your ever thinking of selling your 1080ti ! I will buy it of you. :lol: Derek.

9 hours ago, Dadtom65 said:

Hi John. Been following this post. So you have your Xplane on an external drive and it works ok and loads a bit faster. At the moment mine is on a 2tb drive internal drive, plus my Xplane is the Steam item. Plus if your ever thinking of selling your 1080ti ! I will buy it of you. :lol: Derek.

No my XP installations are varied. I have 11.41 and 11.50 on a NVME M2 super fast 1TB drive, but have a backup version of 11.40 on my 4TB external drive along with all my extensive ortho4xp files which are symbolic linked to my M2 drive. USB 3 works pretty fast and if I run the backup 11.40 on the 4TB drive it loads pretty quick.

Archived