Why releasing Boulder City as 61B instead of new code KBVU?

Hello,

the developers have anticipated this and several other questions that may be asked.

This is their reply to this one.

Due to limitations in the core P3D scenery engine, using new/different ICAOs for existing default database airports causes issues, including possible CTDs in some instances. As such, we have used the same ICAO as the default version of this airport. 

My own comment would be that P3D v5 might change things but not only is that just a guess, I do not have P3D v5, it would rely on the customer using it.

I am sure that what is going to happen will all become clear before long.

Not the best of all answers, as still no reference to Approach procedures is existing in this case. By the way: have you ever heard of this: https://aero.sors.fr/navaids3.html ? One of the most comprehensive sources for updating a terribly outdated default scenery - including KBVU. Seems that I will have to change the airport BGL by myself.

I was about to ask the same question. Hopefully P3Dv5 has the promised updated airport data and there will be no issues with renaming 61B to KBVU. My local airport is in the same boat (CNB9 vs now CYLS). It has been renamed for almost 10 years.  Just shows how old the airport data is in P3Dv4. 

Thanks,

Dan

Archived