Patchy black blocks in openLC NA over Socal, sticky no workie

First off all, the sticky topic didn't work for me.

Please try renaming Scenery\BASE\Scenery\lclookup.bgl to lclookup.bgl .off

and C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\terrain.cfg to terrain.cfg.off

Done

Run Verify files for the Orbx Libraries which will replace the lclookup.bgl file.

Central presents an error about there being no terrain.cfg present (which is correct, because I just renamed it)

Run P3D v4 once to create a new terrain.cfg file and close it.

Once P3D is started up and I'm at the main screen, the sim simply freezes and then crashes.

Then run Sync Simulator in Orbx Central which will write back the Orbx entries.

I see no such option in Orbx Central.

To expand on the problem, I seem to only have the issue around the los Angeles area (and Socal in general), as well as one or two dark blocks in the Athens area.

For what it's worth, I do own the Orbx Socal regional product, but it is not installed. I do also have FSDT LAX installed (in fact flying into there is when I first noticed the problem).

Hello,

I made a small mistake in the order of things. Apologies.

I have amended the topic but I will put the order here for you as well.

Please try renaming Scenery\BASE\Scenery\lclookup.bgl to lclookup.bgl .off

Note: if the Orbx Libraries are installed into an Orbx Central Library, the

Scenery\BASE\Scenery\lclookup.bgl file to rename will be the one in that folder.

Run Verify files for the Orbx Libraries which will replace the lclookup.bgl file.

Rename C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\terrain.cfg to terrain.cfg.off

Run P3D v4 once to create a new terrain.cfg file and close it.

Then run Sync Simulator in Orbx Central which will write back the Orbx entries.

Please try again.

Sync Simulator is to be found on the Settings\Help page.

The settings icon is the gearwheel at the top right hand side of the Orbx central window. 

I am also having this problem, I tried the steps above and this did not fix the problem, This is around the Salton sea in south California. If I uninstall openLC north america this problem disappears.

2020-4-15_18-46-17-865.thumb.jpg.a515c918011b1e6345122ac748df8090.jpg

With openLC North America Installed

2020-4-15_18-51-17-512.thumb.jpg.89f4b577d0c6af6cbb6b6be99911a57d.jpg

Without openLC North America Installed

On 4/11/2020 at 1:08 PM, Nick Cooper said:

Note: if the Orbx Libraries are installed into an Orbx Central Library, the

Scenery\BASE\Scenery\lclookup.bgl file to rename will be the one in that folder.

I have my libraries in such a configuration, but i cannot find a BASE folder in this library, however searching my entire Orbx library yields multiple lclookup.bgl files i have replaced all of them and this still did not fix the problem, I have even uninstalled all of the Orbx products and this still is a problem 

Hello,

according to the add-on.xml file, it is looking at this one:

<AddOn.Component>
    <Category>Scenery</Category>
    <Path>Orbx\Scripts\custom.gb_base\Landclass</Path>
    <Name>Orbx Libraries Lookup</Name>
    <Layer>137</Layer>
  </AddOn.Component>

I continued to do some digging and found that when I disabled the lclookup.bgl in the Orbx library 

On 4/17/2020 at 12:02 AM, Nick Cooper said:

<AddOn.Component>
    <Category>Scenery</Category>
    <Path>Orbx\Scripts\custom.gb_base\Landclass</Path>
    <Name>Orbx Libraries Lookup</Name>
    <Layer>137</Layer>
  </AddOn.Component>

this was the result. 

2020-4-18_10-8-28-246.thumb.jpg.c5b4c1fc1b33a19130c3191b884a88ef.jpg

Using the default lclookup.bgl from the prepar simulator the problem area is gone from the farmland edges around the Salton sea colorado river valley to the north are gone. However the landclass for the city/costal areas around San Diego /Tijuana are now corrupted. Yet when I re-enable the Orbx lclookup.bgl I get the same issue as before shown below.

2020-4-18_10-9-47-155.thumb.jpg.008cdb59b254bc681896325d2762a8c5.jpg

This shows that either the Orbx lclookup.bgl is interfering with the default lclookup.bgl in the p3dv4 main library under the BASE scenery folder.

On 4/16/2020 at 12:57 PM, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

I cannot replicate this.

Try running through the steps again.

As for not recreating the problem I need someone with openLC North America V1.20, BASE Pack V1.4.3, and Libraries V19.7.1 installed to coordinates Lat: N33 8.98 LON: W115 30.69 to see if they can recreate the problem in the image above?

Nick also can you compare your Orbx lclookup.bgl file to the MD5 checksum provided from my file that was downloaded from the Orbx central program for use with Prepar3D v4

Orbx lclookup.bgl MD5 value: 00bf915d6529feab56e2f6ef595f6dca

Hello,

the lclookup.bgl file is crucial to the correct display of the landclass textures.

Disabling the Orbx version while leaving open LC active is bound to cause anomalies and

of course deactivating open LC with the Orbx lclookup.bgl enabled will also cause havoc.

I am seeing this, in P3D v5.

1.jpg

I checked with Google Earth and the water shapes on the lakeside are there, being some kind of ponds or fish farms perhaps.

They are not therefore a problem.

I attach my P3D v4 lclookup.bgl file for you to try with open LC NA active.

lclookup.bgl

What version of open LC north america are you running?

2020-4-15_18-46-17-865.thumb.jpg.879485a78948f2b4582978204ff7c639.jpg

And if you look at the image above im not talking about the ponds near the lake I'm noticing these black and texture problems around the sides of the farmland.

Follow up question Mr. Cooper, do you have the Southern California region installed? Because this might also be overwriting the affected areas that are caused by openLC NA.

Hello,

to dispel your misgivings, I activated just open LC NA in P3D v4 and to my surprise, saw just what you do.

I applied my own fix. I ran verify files for open LC NA and I deleted scenery\Base\lclookup.bgl and ran

verify files for the Orbx Libraries.

This is what I see now.

1.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Unfortunately I'm still having this problem, even on my brand new PC after fresh product installs. Still seems to be noticeable in areas normally covered by the Orbx socal region. Las Vegas is where I recently noticed it. I do not have Orbx Socal installed, only openLc North America (I have all the other openLC products installed as well, though not sure if that's relevant here or not). 

I verified files on all my global base and open LC products. No luck. Followed the instructions again on the sticky topic. Didn't work (I have my Orbx library outside the main P3D folder so I did not rename the lclookup, as the topic mentioned). 

I do have FSDT KLAS installed as well, though I noticed this problem well outside the bounds of that product.

So far I haven't noticed the problem elsewhere, just generally in the Socal region.

• 3 weeks later...

Mr. Copper.

I have this same problem with the entire world displaying mixed up scenery tiles. I am getting a mismatch of day and night textures and all of my boundaries are completely off. I have tried your fix by renaming the lclookup.bgl to lclookup.bgl.old and running the verify files. However Orbx Central will not reinstall a new lclookup.bgl. I am using P3Dv4.5.1434698; Global Base v1.4.3; Global VECTOR v1.6.3; OpenLC NA v1.20 and OpenLC Europe v1.31 installed. The problems start to show after I have installed Vector and really get bad after OpenLC NA is installed. I have my anti-virus program turned off when doing all of this.

Michael Livesay 

Archived