FSX DLL files corrupted

MotoDave

Could not find an XML answer in my forum search.  Forgive my error.

(I'm assuming) another company airport install routine corrupted my DLL files as I no longer have my latest purchases within flight simulator.  Does Orbx create a back up of the EXE.XML and/or DLL.XML files, and which of these files (or both) are relevant?  

Is verify for each Orbx product a probable outcome?

Any other steps?

Thanks in advance...

Hello,

I think you must mean scenery.cfg file, rather than dll.xml file.

The dll.xml file does not store scenery products, it stores information about .dll files,

typically objectflow, addon aircraft gauges and so on.

You should try Sync Simulator first, you can find it at Orbx Central\Settings\Help.

Thanks Nick,

At age 70, my light bulb does not always turn on...

When I installed an after-market airport, said product also installed a 12bPilot SODE thing.  It completely wiped out my DLL.XML.

I found a back up of that file but I'm not sure how current it is, or how relevant the file is to Orbx or the situation.  Which is why I asked whether Orbx installs a (DLL) back up when they install a new airport or region.  I'm on the fence post about verify for each Orbx product in my possession.

I'll try Sync Simulator...

Cheers

Hello, 

I'll file another report and attempt to be as succinct as possible given poor health.  Firstly, thanks to Orbx for trying to help even though this particular problem is not an Orbx issue.

I'm starting to suspect that the DLL errors were created either by an installation of a free FSX airplane or the SODE program.  

Nothing worked for me except verifying every Orbx product, and then Syncing the Simulator.  Not very scientific of me, I know.  Having said that, testing is still underway and might never be finished.  Thanks for jumping in here trying to help.

Archived