EGPH Low Frames

Hi, I just purchased EGPH as I wanted to make the most of the sales, my rig is not a "super" rig but its substantial and I get reasonable performance in other airports, even ones which are more "complex", but for some reason my frames tank, even with every slider to the far left I struggle to get more than 20fps in the default aircraft. Is there any reason you can think of for this? 

TIA 

J

1 hour ago, Vaski_ZF said:

Hi, I just purchased EGPH as I wanted to make the most of the sales, my rig is not a "super" rig but its substantial and I get reasonable performance in other airports, even ones which are more "complex", but for some reason my frames tank, even with every slider to the far left I struggle to get more than 20fps in the default aircraft. Is there any reason you can think of for this? 

TIA 

J

What do you consider a substantial rig ?

It’s not terrible but it’s average it’s all gona be down to your settings and add ons I give u am example I got a i9900k at 5 ghz and a 1080 ti and I get 40to 60 frames with medium setting it’s not about the frames it’s about how smooth it is if you are getting 20 25 FPS smooth then there is no problem if it’s not smooth you might have to drop your settings down specially your AA settings you gpu it’s not bad but your cpu at 3.4ghz and amd it will struggle 

I've tried moving all sliders to the far left, everything at the very lowest setting no AA, nothing and it goes up to 15 and its still not smooth, just gonna have to bite the bullet and ignore this scenery. Must say very disappointed.

@Vaski_ZF

If you moving all your sliders to the left and still no change it's mean there is another reason for the bad FPS. 

However, lets try to solve it together. few questions:

1. what other and non-airports addons do you have installed (FTX Global, Landalcass, Weather etc)?

2. Can you please post here you settings of P3D (from all the sub-sections of it)?

Raz

5 minutes ago, Raz Goeta said:

@Vaski_ZF

If you moving all your sliders to the left and still no change it's mean there is another reason for the bad FPS. 

However, lets try to solve it together. few questions:

1. what other and non-airports addons do you have installed (FTX Global, Landalcass, Weather etc)?

2. Can you please post here you settings of P3D (from all the sub-sections of it)?

Raz

Hi I've tried running with just Orbx Gobal, as well as All uk FTX accept Scotland. I just used default weather as well to rule that out, tried with the lowest  settings in EGHI (Orbx) and got 110+ fps. That's my normal settings and even at airports like the notorious "aerosoft heathrow" I get 30/40fps and its smooth.

Display.png

Lighting.png

Traffic.png

Weather.png

World.png

So I deleted my shader file, hasn't picked up , still very low, however I checked it has to be the airport and terminal as no matter what the settings looking towards the terminal makes it no higher than 15, looking away on absolute 0 settings I get 50 and on the settings described above I get 30-35

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Vaski.

To improve performance in EGPH you will have to deactivate some BGL files manually, since the options in the configuration tool only allow to switch off static aircraft. First you should locate your EGPH scenery folder. Usually it can be found here: <Your P3D-folder>\Orbx\FTX_EU\FTX_AA_EGPH\scenery

In this folder you find some BGLs which have an impact on performance but do not ruin the immersion, if switched off. To do so, either rename them from .BGL to .OFF or move them to a scenery.off folder (in the same directory as the senery folder):

1. EGPH_Entry_People.BGL   (Passengers in the terminal)
  2. ORBX_EGPH_Cars.BGL   (big central Car park behind the terminal building, even from a 747 cockpit you won't see it when docked and hardly while taxiing)
  3. ORBX_EGPH_Cars_ParkB.BGL   (Parked Cars in parking lot, haven't found out where exactly this is)
  4. ORBX_EGPH_Cars_Rwy.BGL   (as the name suggests, parked cars on the far end of the inactive crossing runway)
  5. Orbx_EGPH_CarShadows.BGL   (Car shadows, if you deactivate car parks, you have to switch off these as well otherwise you get black rectangular marks on the otherwise empty parking lots)
  6. ORBX_EGPH_CarsHotel.BGL   (around the "Holiday Inn Express" in the western area, a bit away from the runway and apron)
  7. ORBX_EGPH_GP_SHADOWS_Cars.BGL   (Car shadows, again)
  8. ORBX_EGPH_Grass.BGL   (a frame killer - particularly when you have activated any kind of Transparency Antialiasing. And looks ugly anyway)
  9. ORBX_EGPH_HotelDT_Cars.BGL   (around the "Double Tree Hilton Hotel" in the central area, far away from airside)
  10. ORBX_EGPH_PF.BGL   (People flow elements, all those lazy workers like baggage loaders on the apron)
  11. ORBX_EGPH_Puddles.BGL   (adds puddles when it rains, i don't miss them)
  12. ORBX_EGPH_Train_ANIM.BGL   (the tram towards the city, between main car park and eastern car park)

I have left the following files activated, as you see them during final approach from any direction and when taxiing towards gates and ramps:

1. ORBX_EGPH_WESTAPRON_CARS.BGL (directly at the apron, where the TESLA Superchargers are)
  2. ORBX_EGPH_WESTFIRE_CARS.BGL (the parking lot at the fire station, behind the blue aircraft dummy in the west)
  3. ORBX_EGPH_Cars_east.BGL (the big long stay parking lot in the east, leave it on if you usually fly GAT aircraft, it's close to the GAT ramps in the east.)

With the first dozen BGLs turned off i get now steady 30 frames (locked), whereas I had around 20-25 max before. Hope it will help you, too.

Best regards, Christian

Archived