Graphical issue?

Hi,

Does anyone know what could be causing this weird dot effect?
I've watched a number of TEUK videos and none of them seem to show this. Flying over Beverley/Linley Hill area in East Yorkshire, but it is replicated wherever I fly in the UK with TE.
I don't have anything other than TEUK installed. 

Thanks

Dan

20200404142021_1.jpg

20200404142243_1.jpg

20200404142253_1.jpg

scenery_packs.ini

I assume you are referring to the decal effect on the ground textures? You have not described the effect that is the issue. Your pics are from inside the cockpit which gives a limited view of the ground and the possible issue you are referring to.

Your scenery packs was wrongly layered, you also had 2 entries for TEGB South/Orthos

Remove one of those entries from your Custom Scenery folder.

If you still have an issue, I suggest you disable Airport Environment HD as that is the only addon that is the only addon  that contains decal textures, and see if that has a positive effect

Here is a revised scenery_packs.ini

scenery_packs.ini

Hi Jon

Thank you for your quick response and edited scenery file.

I have removed everything as suggested and also removed anything else that I thought might be conflicting. Unfortunately the tiled decal effect persists. 
After some further testing in other areas of GB Central I've discovered some areas don't have the issue and look correct. Flying East from Leeds-Bradford the effect starts to overlay the scenery all the way to the North Sea.

I have included better screenshots to illustrate. The final capture is of an area outside the Orbx area.

Thanks again

Dan

20200404190335_1.jpg

20200404190348_1.jpg

20200404192549_1.jpg

Yes, this is the ugly decal effect. I have the same problem. 

I prefer the scenery without it, but many users complained and it was subsequently added back. It's much more apparent when the imagery is darkish green. 

If you're handy with a text editor and feel happy doing a search and replace across 1,000 files let me know (Tag me in this post so I get a notification) and I'll give you instructions on how to get rid of it.

OK, here it goes:

1. Go to Custom Scenery/Orbx_C_GB_South_TrueEarth_Orthos/terrain

2. Using your text editor (Search and replace across all files ending in .ter), replace all occurrences of DECAL with #DECAL, and save

The decal should now be gone, if you want then back again, just do the reverse and replace #DECAL with DECAL

N.B. For Windows, using something like Notepad++ should work great

I hope you don't mind me adding to this thread, but I am also have this problem. I have just discovered that on my system it appears to be only related to Xplane 11.50. I was trying to find the cause of the problem and found that going back to 11.41 solved this issue. The decal textures appear normal again. This might suggest that it's actually a bug in the latest Xplane vulkan version, and so hopefully it may be fixed at some point.

Peter

22 minutes ago, omx5o said:

I hope you don't mind me adding to this thread, but I am also have this problem. I have just discovered that on my system it appears to be only related to Xplane 11.50. I was trying to find the cause of the problem and found that going back to 11.41 solved this issue. The decal textures appear normal again. This might suggest that it's actually a bug in the latest Xplane vulkan version, and so hopefully it may be fixed at some point.

Peter

Thanks for that info. Again @Tony Wroblewski might be interested

Archived