Cityscape Honolulu

After living in Hawaii for 5 years and flying real life many weekends while I was there I thought this would be the perfect addon to my FS dreamteam Honolulu, and vol 1 and vol 2 flying experience. 

Ive got to be honest when I say I was more than disappointed. It sounded like such a beautiful product that would enhance the realism around the island, when in fact I'm not really sure what it did? maybe I didn't install something correctly through Orbx central, or maybe my settings, but it honestly looks no different, there were some helicopters on the flight line at MCBH Kaneohe and some  other odds and ends but definitely not worth to price being asked for this addon. Orbx support, please let me know if I've installed this incorrectly or something may be wrong with my settings because from all my other products from you guys this one is a hard miss so far. 

Hi Jason

Could you please post up some screenshots, it is pretty hard to imagine what are or not seeing without them. 

Also, 

Please post a copy of your “scenery.cfg” file and the “add-ons.cfg” and the “scenery_add-ons.xml” file found at C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4.

Please note: Do not open the files and copy and paste the contents, just attach the files.

Hi Jason,

Thanks for providing the files. Actually the configuration seems to be ok but the scenery on your shots definitely doesn't look as intended. The photoreal ground as well as the landclass tiles look blurry and I noticed only 12 fps on one of your screenshots. Honolulu should run smoothly with crisp textures even on medium systems (and with more complex aircraft than that Mooney). If you are running it with FSDT Honolulu, did you follow the steps as described in the manual (enabling FSDreamTeam Honolulu Mode" in the control panel + disabling some FSDT files)? If so, is "Normal Mode" ticked? "Bathymetry Mode" will enable low-resolution textures above sea level.

Archived