TrueEarth South autogen missing(?)

James2112

Evening all,

I have a possible issue with autogen buildings not appearing, in a very specific location - RNAS Yeovilton (Somerset). There are a few buildings that spawn, north of the public road. But on the airfield itself, no buildings are generated (mostly hangers). I'd have thought nothing of it, except in the process of looking for add-on scenery I found a screenshot of Yeovilton as it appears in another user's sim with TrueEarth South installed. In their sim, all (or nearly all) buildings on and around the airfield appear to be there.

Of course, I don't know if and/or what additional autogen/scenery libraries that user had installed. So my initial question then is whether or not my TrueEarth install is functioning correctly or not.

Below are some screenshots, first the one I found on another forum (with buildings generated) followed by some of mine (no buildings)

24191f5bff993599caaf593ce3518dc857116fc9

My screenshots:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/RHF8TcKQLfA3GcnY9

https://photos.app.goo.gl/gywXM2bUhVD8RE8n8

https://photos.app.goo.gl/NSM8U1bymo46Q7PX9

@James2112

Welcome to the forums and the community.

Just to clarify that Orbx True Earth sceneries do not come with any added or modded or enhanced airports. They only include the Laminar XP default airports which are the same as you would see without True Earth (TE) scenery.

However, that said, I too see no buildings, just the photo  scenery. Please note that when you choose EGDY in XP  it doesn't indicate any enhancement at all, not  a 3D comment nor even a 2D comment in the Flight Configuration option. Yeovilton Westland is noted as 3D and has many buildings.

@Tony Wroblewski to possibly comment on how the buildings of the default Gateway airport have now disappeared. Tony please see the first pic from the OP showing buildings. There is no addon for EGDY only the default Gateway dated 2015 and included in all subsequent versions of XP.

Here is a pic of what is seen now:

5.thumb.JPG.91e8a7385565b519b69a93f341b5d1ba.JPG

The only thing that comes to mind is the scenery order, if Global_Airports is below GBS in priority it will block out most of the buildings if the airport has them. It would be best to post your scenery_packs.ini file here from your Custom Scenery folder in X-Plane so we can work it out.

10 minutes ago, Tony Wroblewski said:

The only thing that comes to mind is the scenery order, if Global_Airports is below GBS in priority it will block out most of the buildings if the airport has them. It would be best to post your scenery_packs.ini file here from your Custom Scenery folder in X-Plane so we can work it out.

I thought that at first Tony but my pic is taken with the scenery pack as it should be. I even downloaded EGDY as an addon and it is top of the .ini. That is when I took the pic.

The OP's first pic is a copy of one taken in October 2018 on this forum:

https://forums.mudspike.com/t/trueearth-great-britain-x-plane-11/7019/37

Here is what the guy posted while showing everyone his pics of his new installation of TEGB South:

Capture.thumb.JPG.7fef5eec4ddb90783a858ad874cb6d97.JPG

Thanks for posting your screenshots, I'm definitely thinking it's got something to do with additional components in that other user's install now.

Here's my ini file:

I
1000 Version
SCENERY

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/UK2000 Bristol2019HD/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_LFLJ_Courchevel_Airport/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Aerosoft - EDDF Frankfurt/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Aerosoft - EDLP Paderborn-Lippstadt/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Aerosoft - EGLL Heathrow/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Aerosoft - LFMN Nice Cote d Azur X/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Aerosoft - LFPO Paris Orly/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Aerosoft - LPFR Faro/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Global Airports/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_EGLH_Needles/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_GB_South_TrueEarth_Custom/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_B_GB_South_TrueEarth_Overlay/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_B_LFLJ_Courchevel_Mesh/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_C_GB_South_TrueEarth_Orthos/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/KSEA Demo Area/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/LOWI Demo Area/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/X-Plane Landmarks - Chicago/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/X-Plane Landmarks - Dubai/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/X-Plane Landmarks - Las Vegas/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/X-Plane Landmarks - New York/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/X-Plane Landmarks - Sydney/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/X-Plane Landmarks - Washington DC/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_OrbxlibsXP/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/TerraFloraXP/

Regarding libraries, is there any benefit in installing additional autogen (such as opensceneryX and world-models) or will they conflict with the Orbx library?

The additional files will not adversely affect Orbx addons.

I don't think that the additional libraries are required because the airport is a default Laminar one, rather than a freeware addon by a developer of XP airport maker in the Scenery Addons section of XP.org. If it was then the creator would normally state that Libraries x,y & z are required.

The pic posted by the guy in the Mudspace forum 2 years ago I am sure is showing either the default, which has changed, although it was created in 2015, or he had an addon that I cannot locate anywhere on the web to date. The default airport file doesn't contain any Objects file so there wouldn't beany buildings as such like there would be in an addon.

Your scenery packs looks OK but if I was picky I would suggest you move the following above Global Airports:

KSEA Demo

LOWI Demo

Orbx Needles.

Move TEGB South orthos to just under the TEGB South Custom and Overlay files and get the XP London Landmarks installed and placed just above the TEGB South files but still under Global Airports. The Land marks form a part of the TEGB South experience. If not included you will get some default XP buildings appearing which ruin the effect.

Archived