Orbx Tacoma Narrows KTIW static aircraft

Hi

Purchased Tacoma Narrows yestrday and to my surprise I did not see the option to remove static Aircraft in the configuration. Please let me know how to remove them as it distracts completely from the immersion. Orbx have an outstanding AI Traffic pack (with Aircraft that actually moves) for Washington State, why the need for any static Aircraft. At least let me choose to have them or not?

Thanks

Mike

• 1 month later...

Nick, in the P3d version of Tacoma Narrows there are plenty of static aircraft all over the airport grounds including several helicopters, you dont see that? I am not saying they ar taking AI traffic parking spots but they are there. This is the only Orbx airport I own that does not provide an option to disable them. Can you please ask the developer to offer an option to do so or at least to let me know what BGL file to disable to get rid of it. Its really distracting and takes away from the immersion. With the AI traffic package enabled its just too much traffic at the airport.

When there is such a lovely Orbx AI package with traffic that actually moves for all of the Pacific northwest i cant but ask WHY static aircraft,.. why who wants static aircraft anyway :) ....On a positive note, I love the airport itself, great job by the developer! 

Hello,

I wrote

I do not see any aircraft parking spots where there are statics

and I still do not.

Are you saying that AI aircraft are moving through static aircraft or that you don't like to see aircraft

parked at an airport?

Nick, no I am just saying I see static aircraft at the airport. It should really be an option to turn them off like there is with every other Orbx airport I own, and I have them all in the Pacific Northwest. 

If one chose to use Orbx AI traffic package there is no need for static planes in my opinion and when there is a lot of static planes at an airport (like Orbx KTIW) the addition of Orbx AI package makes the airport look overcrowded with planes and of course a framerate hit as a result.

If there is too much work involved in making an additional option in the settings to disable static aircraft then perhaps you can ask the developer  what BGL file to disable.to get rid of static planes. I would really appreciate it.

Thanks      

Archived