Central does not pick up previously installed products

Sorry for bothering if this has already been answered but I just installed Orbx Central to replace FTX 3 and the products I have installed there do not show up as intalled in Central (new). I have my library set up to a second drive and put it in Central too but I still get the problem. 

Anyone know why? Not a major problem but just wanted to resolve.

Kind Regards, 

Well I think I just ran into the same problem. After "upgrading" to v4.1.1, Central not only has no clue of all my present Orbx installations, it demands to either being pointed towards a library but only accepts paths outside the P3D installation. Or you can create a new library, but if you point that one to your existing Orbx path (with all present installations inside), Central doesn't accept this path because it not being empty. Scanning for libraries doesn't find any.

Since I so far did install all my Orbx stuff in a subfolder of my P3D installation, I'm now stuck. Central doesn't recognize nor accept a library there. By not being able to define a library, I can't make use of Central. Probably my only chance now would be to manually uninstall everything Orbx I have installed and then obey to Central's demands afterwards. Which could put  unnecessary stress on the Orbx downloads.

Any ideas?

d6snrUl.jpg

Bmajgnw.jpg

Hello,

1. you cannot create an Orbx Library inside a simulator folder.

2. if an Orbx installation is inside the P3D folder and has not been modified,

then Orbx Central will see it and all its contents.

3. if you wish to create a new Library outside the P3D v4 root folder, then you must

first create an empty folder.

It's all in the User Guide.

What about if you have created a folder outside of P3D and then created a symbolic link. I was using CentralV3 and had P3D installed in C:P3Dv4, but all my Orbx products were in D:\Orbx with a symbolic link to the P3D folder. What am I supposed to do there?

regards, Mark

Hi Nick,

I haven't removed any products from the P3D folder, they are still there under the symbolic link. I tried to point Central v4 to the D:\Orbx folder but it kept saying that it could not do it owing to the folder not being empty. Starting to get confused now!

regards, Mark

Hello.

As you have already removed the vast majority of Orbx files from the P3D folder,

there seems to be little point in doing that same again but in a different way.

The file structure of an Orbx Central Library is completely different to that of an

installation inside the P3D folder, so copying and pasting does not work.

I would suggest that your best course of action is to put everything back and

carry on as you were.

If you do that, Orbx Central will indeed see everything and be able to work with it.

Hi Nick,

I think there's some confusion,

When I Installed P3Dv4.5, before installing any other scenery I created a folder called D:\Orbx and then created a symbolic link to C:|P3Dv4.5. I then installed all my Orbx products with FTX centralV3 into the D:\Orbx folder so P3D would recognize them as I did not have enough space on my C: drive. This has been working fantastic for the last year. I then purchased Africa LC last week not realising that you needed Orbx Central to install it. I decided to upgrade to Orbx Central and now it will not recognise my D:\Orbx folder and says that it cannot find any files when I try to scan for files. Fortunately P3D is still working OK

regards, Mark

Hi Nick,

the link you put up in your pinned post a year or two ago about using symbolic links. I created a folder in D: called Orbx and then dropped the symbolic link to c:P3Dv4.

In the P3d folder you can see the Orbx folder with the symbolic link icon. see attached pic

regards, Mark

2020-03-28 18_10_48-.png

Archived