Scenery order

Hi,

After endless ways of searching i thought it is time to reach out and explain my problem.

In many occasions i doubt that my scenery is looking wrong.

Therefore would like to know if my scenery order is correct?

981694509_scenery1.png.37ac1421e653ee93617d7e01458ecd62.png

250376592_scenery2.png.7551d7a9ac4538fe51ce95a326d47cc3.png

855937977_scenery3.png.4c7ec10260540e751f460bf1c5e6fdab.png

1507286598_scenery4.png.ec8498821a7057d922e26176d59d3bbe.png

572196776_scenery5.png.50fc502aa1ecfc2a8198a500fbcd17a4.png

1956527786_scenery6.png.561647d7196b6a78b2ff0a0f4ba78c35.png

All the base

885488593_scenery8.png.2bd3b291f07f0375e660f72483341a78.png

I got all the global Orbx ranges and just want to know if everything here is ok.

All screens below can be removed i have no idea how to but please ignore the pictures below.

scenery 1.png

scenery 2.png

scenery 3.png

scenery 4.png

scenery 5.png

scenery 6.png

Hi

No, it does not look like it is in order, but I do not use the Lorby tool so it could be deceiving.

Please post a copy of your “scenery.cfg” file and the “add-ons.cfg” and the "addons.xml" file found at C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4.
Please note: do not open the files and copy and paste the contents, just please attach the files.

Andres,

The Microsoft advice is this .....    Scenery should be layered thus:-

Top layer (1) - Airports;   All your individual add-on airports (not those listed in the default section lower down) and any attendant LandClass (LC) areas.  Note that the LC areas should always be BELOW the airport layer, e.g.,

FlyTampa Dubai_OMDB

FlyTampa Dubai_LC

If you have Terrain layers specific to a scenery, then add that entry too, e.g.,

Menorca Balearic Islands - LEMH

Menorca Balearic Islands - Terrain

Place any EXCLUDE areas directly beneath the airport it relates to.    Microsoft also advise that, if you can and have the time, place your airports layered East to West in descending order with, for example,  Fiji, Pacific in the East at the upper most layer and Hawaii in the West at the lowermost layer - with airports stretching east to west descending by LONGITUDE.   For example, my easternmost airport is Queenstown New Zealand NZQN at the Number 1 layer and then Seattle Washington USA which is currently my westernmost airport, layered currently at the No. 192 position.

Next comes REGIONS, again, as far as possible, layered east (higher) to west (lower).   For example, I have FTX Austrlia V2 as my first uppermost layer;  Then comes FTX EU Norway, followed by Orbx OPEN LC Africa.  The its FTX EU Scotland, followed by FTX EU England.  Next below all this I have FTX Open LC Europe.  Then it's FTX NA Northern California, followed by FTX NA Southern California.   Finally, below this I have FTX North America Regions 1 and then 2.  At the very bottom of all this, I have FTX NA !OLC Lights, then FTXZZ Fixed OLC APT and finally Orbx !OPENLC_zBASE.   If you open Google Maps and look, you will see that generally all this top to bottom follows its global location, east to west.

Now come the LIBRARIES entries.  For me, I have FlyTampa Libraries, SimWings Libaries, FTX ORBXLIBs and UK2000 Common Libraries and any other add-on libraries you might use also go here.

Now, lastly at the very lower end of the scenery library, holding the Default listing.   Some of this listing includes other library entries that you should NOT move and also Orbx VECTOR entries which again you should NOT move.

At the very bottom come the BASE entries, followed by the DEFAULT SCENERY and DEFAULT TERRAIN entries.   If you use FreeMeshX then you might be asked to insert those entries between the Default TERRAIN and Default SCENERY layers.  For example I have:-

PbFh1qA.jpg

Note that this is the way MS recommends.   But basically, Airports and attendant additional layers at the top;  Then REGIONS,  Then LIBRARIES, then finally the DEFAULT layers.

I hope this helps,

Regards,

Lee

On 3/31/2020 at 1:33 PM, Andres van Goozen said:

Hi Thanks for your answer,

To be honest i dont know what the problems has caust. I uses the addon manager mostly to create scenery outside the main prepar3d folder.

Attached you can find the scenery.cfg as requested.

Thanks upfront.

scenery.cfg 41.14 kB · 4 downloads

Thanks

First off, all the items that are installed outside the simulator via .xml method will of course show up in the in game scenery library but it does not matter what order they are in and can only be activated/deactivated from the P3D Add-ons menu.

You will need open Orbx Central and to go to settings/Insertion Point and set them as described below.

Ensure all of your 3rd party non Orbx addons are at the top of your scenery library and above your FTX entries.

Then in Orbx Central Insertion points "Orbx Airports and Regions”, put your last non Orbx 3rd party listed in your scenery library addon in the INSERTED BELOW window. For you specifically, this will be the "PR_Viracopos Intl_Campinas" entry

Then for the "Orbx Global openLC” ensure the Orbx Airports and Regions are in the INSERTED BELOW window.

OC Insertion Points.PNG

Then adjust your Vector entries as per the below image.

Vector Entries.PNG

Scenery Library Order

3rd Party Scenery (Any scenery you wish to display above Orbx FTX scenery)

OZX Scenery (Freeware designed to fit with FTX Regional software)

FTX Full Regional Scenery & Airports

Tongass Fjords (Fills the gap between Southern Alaska and Pacific Fjords Regions)

FTX OpenLC Scenery

FTX Global Vector Entries (OBJ, APT, CVX, EXX)

FSGlobal 2010 Entries

Named Default Scenery Entries

Numbered Default Scenery Entries

FTX Global Vector Entry (AEC)

"Default Scenery"

"Default Terrain”

Scenery Library Order.png

Archived