Optional Wave Effects

Yes, they are great!! The greatest surf effect ever. B)

Thank you Larry for that. I just hadn't the time to try out the actual ferries, but admired your wakes in a rainy Irish coast setting (checking out the new PrecipitFX).

• 2 months later...

Very cool, I got them installed and they are working, love those new waves!! 

I am getting some multi colored waves occasionally mixed in with the whitecaps, do i need to clear shaders or is this normal? 

6 hours ago, RobC said:

I am getting some multi colored waves occasionally mixed in with the whitecaps, do i need to clear shaders or is this normal?

I'm sure it is not the intent for you to see colored waves. Are you using any shader modification program?  Go ahead and clear the shader cache to see if it helps. Are you using TrueSky? My sense is that not all the issues that in some way involve reflected light have been solved. There have been  reports of water colors that are just plain wrong. On my setup, although the general color of the waves is OK, when it's 100% overcast I still see glints from the sun on the waves, and a reflection of the sun too and there is a bluish tinge that does not occur in real life when it's overcast.  I think it will take some time before all of these things are addressed by LM.  In any case, the colors for the effects seem to be relatively independent from these problems with water color.

Cheers,

• 2 weeks later...

Hello again, I finally got some time to do more testing, I went ahead and cleared  the shaders and made a new p3d.cfg, but I am still seeing colors in only some of the waves.

2020-6-28_1-20-51-891.thumb.jpg.7e16a87b2072eb313616f9888e6d9120.jpg2020-6-28_1-20-50-472.thumb.jpg.4daac7fe39dec2d2f59c2fb721c8f3f8.jpg

They seem to be random and they go from a bluish to yellow or orangish red, if it was greenish it would look like see weed or kelp. lol

I don't have any shader app installed (unless it came with some addon airport I have and I don't know about it), I don't use the atmospheric effects, they don't seem to work good for me, use too much V-ram.

I do use ActiveSky P3D with the AS Cloud Art???

Anyways it's not a deal breaker, I like the look of these waves rolling up on Miami beach TOO much to get rid of them.

I'm just curious if anyone else sees this?

Archived