Orbx and Simheaven?

Make sure the Orbx TEGB sceneries are just below Global Airports, and that Simheaven ( I assume you are talking about X-Europe?) is below the TEGB addons in the scenery_packs.ini.

I will check your scenery_packs.ini if you attach it to your reply. Do you know how to attach the file?

If not then see my pic below.

Capture.thumb.JPG.c53e4b5e4ec506dc7089595e835d1f2c.JPG

2 hours ago, Jon Clarke said:

Make sure the Orbx TEGB sceneries are just below Global Airports, and that Simheaven ( I assume you are talking about X-Europe?) is below the TEGB addons in the scenery_packs.ini.

I will check your scenery_packs.ini if you attach it to your reply. Do you know how to attach the file?

If not then see my pic below.

Capture.thumb.JPG.c53e4b5e4ec506dc7089595e835d1f2c.JPG

Here is my scenery. So I should move the Orbx stuff below global airports, and have X-Europe below that?

Thanks!

scenery_packs.ini

I attach a revised scenery_packs.ini for you to place and over write your existing one.

Before you place it, just check in your Custom Scenery folder that you don't have 2 copies of London landmarks because it is appearing twice in the scenery pack.

Are you going to install TEGB South as well?

scenery_packs.ini

2 hours ago, Jon Clarke said:

I attach a revised scenery_packs.ini for you to place and over write your existing one.

Before you place it, just check in your Custom Scenery folder that you don't have 2 copies of London landmarks because it is appearing twice in the scenery pack.

Are you going to install TEGB South as well?

scenery_packs.ini 11.23 kB · 0 downloads

Thanks, yes I am. Just have slow internet. 

Performance is less than 20 FPS, so I want to move files out and fly without them till vulkan is released. Will migrating them to my library do this?

Thanks!

1 hour ago, dipperdolphin said:

Thanks, yes I am. Just have slow internet. 

Performance is less than 20 FPS, so I want to move files out and fly without them till vulkan is released. Will migrating them to my library do this?

Thanks!

You will need to lower your XP settings.  Have you installed them directly into your XP directory? If so, and you don't want to use the TEGB's until Vulkan, then I suggest you just do the disabling trick of adding DISABLED as shown below to the TEGB entries in your scenery-packs.ini. Saves a lot time and effort:

Change: SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/

To:SCENERY_PACK_DISABLED Custom Scenery/

1 minute ago, Jon Clarke said:

You will need to lower your XP settings.  Have you installed them directly into your XP directory? If so, and you don't want to use the TEGB's until Vulkan, then I suggest you just do the disabling trick of adding DISABLED as shown below to the TEGB entries in your scenery-packs.ini. Saves a lot time and effort:

Change: SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/

To:SCENERY_PACK_DISABLED Custom Scenery/

Thanks, have it on medium and no scenery shadows but was struggling for FPS. Seemed fine after I disabled shadows but shall try it out.

Side question, will the stuff need to be updated when Vulkan comes out or will it work out of the box?

Thanks!

I don't believe an update will be required.

No shadows or reflections, Texture quality to medium, AA to FXAA+ssaa, HDR to one slot left of max. If you still have problems try a screen resolution of 1920x1080 if you currently have it higher. World Objects preferably on Max.

London area is very demanding but other areas are much less demanding. There is a lot of TEGB to see that is not demanding on your PC resources, so try to concentrate on those areas. Exeter, Cardiff, Liverpool, Newcastle, Edinburgh, Glasgow etc.

13 hours ago, Jon Clarke said:

I don't believe an update will be required.

No shadows or reflections, Texture quality to medium, AA to FXAA+ssaa, HDR to one slot left of max. If you still have problems try a screen resolution of 1920x1080 if you currently have it higher. World Objects preferably on Max.

London area is very demanding but other areas are much less demanding. There is a lot of TEGB to see that is not demanding on your PC resources, so try to concentrate on those areas. Exeter, Cardiff, Liverpool, Newcastle, Edinburgh, Glasgow etc.

Thank you for all your help!

Archived