Australia V2 5e731000cab3d

VK7FB

I have several small airports for Tasmania that I have created, and which worked well with Australia V1, but since installing V2 (5e731000cab3d), they have all disappeared! They are still showing in the scenery library and are all ticked, but when flying in the sim, there is no sign of them. I have run the Flightsim Commander Data Base manager, and my airports show up on the map OK, but are not showing in FSX? After all the work and time in creating the airports I do not particularly wish to lose them. Any suggestions??

Hello,

one of the main differences between AU Australia and AU Australia version 2 is that

the former adds no airports and the latter does.

You will probably need to disable the Orbx versions of your airports first.

It is also possible, but less likely that they are being excluded, depending on how you

made them and where they are in your scenery library.

Please try the first option.

Thanks Nick. I have just had a close look at the scenery. In most cases I can just make out my runways but none of the buildings, aircraft, birds etc that I have in my files. It is not only my scenery that is missing. We have lost the oil wells in Bass Strait, Valley Field, Claude Road, Melaleuca etc.  that were created by other simmers. It appears that the texture files are just not showing up?

Hi Nick,

I still have a problem.

One of the addon files I created was a fairly good representation of Cambridge YCBG, near Hobart, Tasmania, where I live. 

I was very pleased with it, and it was far better than the default one in FSX at the time (June 2013).

Cambridge YCBG in Orbx AU V2 is very much better than the old one, and more up to date than my effort. Since then the whole airport has changed. Runways removed, industrial buildings are now on the airport and so on, a large shopping complex has evolved nearby etc, and these are all included in the new software.

My problem is that my creation is still in the programme and overlaying the new files, combining with them and making a complete dog's breakfast of that area.

I deleted my file from the Settings/Scenery Library, and taken the folder for my Cambridge out of the Addon scenery folder on the hard drive, but still the combined mess is in the programme!!!!

Help! I have tried everything I can think of, but just cannot get rid of the mess my old scenery is creating!!

Cheers

Archived