Shoreline Wave Water Spouts - Fix?

Problem is shoreline waves that look like water spouts shooting up into the air - totally unrealistic.

Google search returns many of the same issue, dating several years back, so this isn't new.

I own several Orbx products - Base Pack, Vector, and openLC N America, and I have surf that looks like water spouts.

Surely, there's a fix for this issue.  A search turned up nothing.

How do I fix this?

Hello, 

I don't see a mention of which simulator you are using but it it happens to be P3D v4, another option would be to try the new Orbx wave effects distributed as an 'extra' along with the Pacific Northwest Ferries. When installed per the instructions, these wave effects will take precedence over all existing ones. It's strictly optional. You don't have to keep the ferries if you don't want them.

Cheers,

Thanks for your replies.

I did search for a fix, and I found people having this issue going years back, but nothing I found was helpful.  The "Pacific Northwest Ferries" option might be worth a try.

My configuration is the latest P3dv4 build, and all my Orbx installs are within the last week, so it's all about as current as it can be.  When it's all said and done, I'm a lot happier flying than hacking scenery files.  ;)

I think the waterspout problem is resolved now.

I didn't have patience to substitute each one of the eight fx files mentioned elsewhere, but did try replacing all 8 at once with the originals, and no dice.  I decided to try the Pacific Northwest Ferries suggestion, and quickly found it needed the Pacific Northwest Region first.  I bought that and installed them both.  That didn't fix my vertical wave problem at KSFO either, even with the Northwest Ferries optional replacement wave effects installed.

But I failed to mention earlier that I had just installed the TOGA Projects Env software - didn't think it would be the problem.   TOGA claims a lot of cross-compatibility, but not specifically with Orbx, that I could see.  Anyway, disabling the TOGA stuff got me nice looking Orbx waves. 

Thanks for the input.

Archived