[EXPLAINED] No 6OR4 Runway?

GrahamP

Hi Neil,

I'm thinking you may already know about this but maybe didn't have enough time before the patch.  But in case you don't:

Following on from this topic:

http://orbxsystems.com/forums/index.php?topic=20515.msg177617#msg177617

With the PNW patch the floating runway is gone but now I can't see a runway at all.

If I go to 6OR4 in Free Flight, the Active Runway position puts me in what looks like somebody's garden, LOL.

See comparison with Google Earth below.

Graham

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Hello Graham,

actually, this is the expected behavior for airfields that no longer exist. The problem is that we cannot remove the default airport data stored in one of the default scenery files and thus the ICAO and the default start positions, which should be removed, will remain.

Cheers, Holger

Hi GrahamP

Well, I'm glad Holger jumped in but since you brought up the change in location for 6OR4 and reusing ICAO's I thought I'd mention that there was one in Washington also.  14WA was up above Everett and when I went to look for it in Google Earth there was nothing there, so I looked it up in AirNav and found it down near Olympia now, so it's down there now in PNW.  There are about 6 airports that are no longer existing that I removed from PNW, but as Holger said we can't pull them from the FSX database so it will put you where it expects it to be but I have removed all traces of them.

Cheers, Neil

Archived