Poor Winter FPS @ Dundee and Edinburgh (possibly others)

Hi, just picked up EGPN and noticed that Winter FPS are less than half the Other 3 seasons. I also looked at EGPH and it is the same ie 30 (fro Spring, Summer and Autumn) going down to 14 in Winter. I have Orbx Scotland and have this selected in Dundee though there is no selection for this in EGPH. I then loaded the Carenado SAAB into Winter to default Edmonton in Canada 70 Winter and 68 Summer so no loss in Winter. Seems like a big overhead for Orbx Winter textures for at least these airports. I checked Southampton and EGNX  in England and they are the same in Winter as Summer so this is not happening there nor is it happening at EGPB Sumburgh in Scotland which too has no change in FPS for Winter. So it apperas that Winter at EGPN and EGPH is a FPS killer.

Regards

Bernie

Winter.jpg

Summer.jpg

I am using default shaders so I guess that is not the issue. I also suspect that it is not shadows as the England airports are fine. It is just these two Scottish ones. It is real though and nothing is changed other than the season in the shots.

Hi Nick, you have limited frames and my shots are unlimited. If I go to my usual 26fps (which is just fine) the Winter issue is so bad it is totally unusable. Also your aircraft is not in the shot (I do not know if that has an impact or not). There is something with these two airports that is different for me from my extensive range of Orbx products.

Hello,

I can add aircraft to the shot and reduce the frame rate to 16 or so with an (unnamed and no picture:)) very frame rate hungry model

but neverthless, the frame rate is 16 regardless of whether it is summer or winter.

Do you see the same effect with all aircraft, or just that one?

Hi Nick, I gave it a try with the Carenado C172 G1000 model and it was exactly the same. There is obviously something in my system that does not like the winter textures for those 2 airports but all others tested are ok. That is not to say there are no others as I have a large collection of Orbx airports and it would be a large job. I guess for the time being I will use those 2 in seasons other than Winter. Did you do your tests with Orbx Scotland active/ I presume you would have. I guess this can be closed unless others report a similar issue. If I am the only one then I shall just put up with it.

Archived