Hi.

1.  When flying through Melbourne following river from the marina towards Finders station at 800 feet aircraft crashes into an invisible object about half way between the two.  This happens in both directions and with A2A and default aircraft. 

2.  Is YMML version 2 compatible with AU V2 as although Orbx Central loads it, the aprons , taxiways, runway textures are bad and a lot of markings seem to be missing.

Many thanks Clive

Hi Nick

Sorry about the delay.

1.  The crash is only detected when "Crash Detection" is enabled so I presume there is something there that should not be.

2.  The screenshot below is entering the main apron.  Graphics are set to 2560 x 1440.  UK airports EGLL, EHNX etc are fine and Cairns looks as expected.

YMML V2.jpg

Hi petfy thanks for your comment, I have not seen this problem anywhere else.

Hi Nick, the only options in Orbx Central for YMML V2 that appear to affect the ground state is 3D grass, I have tried this on and off and it makes no difference.  I have uninstalled and re-installed YMML and now possibly have some low grade taxiway markings that were not previously apparent.  To me it seems as if the ground textures for taxiways, aprons and runways are at a very low resolution.  I assume others have not had this problem.

Any idea as to what is causing the crash in Melbourne?

Hi Further to my previous comment I now notice that Cairns, Brisbane and other airports have in the Orbx Central configure box options one for AU V2 textures and other texture options.  YMML V2 does not have this set of options in the configure box, only selections for what is displayed, at least mine doesn't.

• 3 months later...

So we now have an update to AU V2 but still there is an invisible object in the river at Melbourne city that causes crashes and I still have odd tarmac at YMML V2. 

So 3 months on and still no answers to my problems.

Had the AU V2 Path problem but found answer elsewhere on forum, thanks Nick Cooper.

15 hours ago, cliveroscoe said:

So we now have an update to AU V2 but still there is an invisible object in the river at Melbourne city that causes crashes and I still have odd tarmac at YMML V2. 

So 3 months on and still no answers to my problems.

Had the AU V2 Path problem but found answer elsewhere on forum, thanks Nick Cooper.

well at least  tell  us  what  resolved  it  for  you  for  others  that have  the  same  issues

Archived