Bar Harbor no buildings - resolved by increasing world objects

rdegle

3 hours ago, rdegle said:

Just loaded through Orbx central bar harbor, has no buildings or runway markings etc.

Did you install it directly into you Xp Custom Scenery folder?

What size in the Bar Harbor file in it's installed location? It should be 352MB abnd 932 Files in 18 Folders.

Have you got OrbxLibsXP installed?

Attach your scenery_packs.ini and a copy of your XL Log file

18 hours ago, Jon Clarke said:

Did you install it directly into you Xp Custom Scenery folder?

What size in the Bar Harbor file in it's installed location? It should be 352MB abnd 932 Files in 18 Folders.

Have you got OrbxLibsXP installed?

Attach your scenery_packs.ini and a copy of your XL Log file

Yes, 350mb 929 files 16 folders, was not a manual log, loaded thru central

Log.txt scenery_packs.ini

Your Log file doesn't indicate any missing files, your scenery pack ini is OK as far as Bar Harbor is concerned (the rest of it could do with some relayering though, but I will leave that to you as it looks as though you probably use something like X-Organiser).

Just confirm the file size and contents of ZZZ_Orbx_KBHB_Bar Harbor folder please.

Should be 972MB 138 files, 3 folders.

As a last resort I suggest uninstalling via Orbx Central and then reinstalling

19 hours ago, Jon Clarke said:

Your Log file doesn't indicate any missing files, your scenery pack ini is OK as far as Bar Harbor is concerned (the rest of it could do with some relayering though, but I will leave that to you as it looks as though you probably use something like X-Organiser).

Just confirm the file size and contents of ZZZ_Orbx_KBHB_Bar Harbor folder please.

Should be 972MB 138 files, 3 folders.

As a last resort I suggest uninstalling via Orbx Central and then reinstalling

Will give it a try and get back to you thank you

When I have observed similar issues with airport scenery, it has typically been due to something altering the underlying mesh. So I would look into any nearby (as in affecting the same Earth Nav tile) custom airports that include a custom mesh. If you are using XOrganiser, you could simply start by disabling nearby airports and see if that resolves your issue.

John

Yes i agree....baffling. The tile involved is +44-069 so check if you have any other airports in the Maine area.

A list of airports in Maine is easy to find via Google.

Final test:

Rename your current Custom Scenery folder to Custom Scenery_DISABLED.

Create a new folder and name it Custom Scenery.

Create a shortcut link to desktop for the following folders from within Custom Scenery_DISABLED... Bar Harbor, OrbxLibs and Global Airports.

Place the shortcuts links you made on the desktop and place them in the new Custom Scenery folder.

Start XP and exit before entering into Flight Configuration.

Open XP/Custom Scenery and then open the scenery_packs.ini. make sure that or relayer if necessary, that you have these files layered like this:

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_KBHB_Bar_Harbor/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/ZZZ_Orbx_KBHB_Bar_Harbor/

Global Airports

OrbxLibs/.

Now start a flight at Bar Harbor. 

If you have buildings etc then you know it is one of your other addons causing a conflict.

If it is still the same then I am at a loss as to what to do as your issue is absolutely unique to you.

On 3/6/2020 at 11:36 PM, Jon Clarke said:

Yes i agree....baffling. The tile involved is +44-069 so check if you have any other airports in the Maine area.

A list of airports in Maine is easy to find via Google.

Final test:

Create a shortcut link to desktop for the following folders from within Custom Scenery_DISABLED... Bar Harbor, OrbxLibs and Global Airports.

Place the shortcuts links you made on the desktop and place them in the new Custom Scenery folder.

Open XP/Custom Scenery and then open the scenery_packs.ini. make sure that or relayer if necessary, that you have these files layered like this:

Global Airports

OrbxLibs/.

Now start a flight at Bar Harbor. 

If you have buildings etc then you know it is one of your other addons causing a conflict.

If it is still the same then I am at a loss as to what to do as your issue is absolutely unique to you.

That's what I'm thinking I will give it a try.

5 hours ago, rdegle said:

That's what I'm thinking I will give it a try.

I see someone else has floating buildings, I have a partial roof of where a building goes, wonder if the problem is similar . In more detail I have the correct ground surface, lighting, static aircraft and some people and  a roof

Cessna_172SP - 2020-03-08 17.26.49.png

7 hours ago, rdegle said:

I see someone else has floating buildings, I have a partial roof of where a building goes, wonder if the problem is similar . In more detail I have the correct ground surface, lighting, static aircraft and some people and  a roof

Cessna_172SP - 2020-03-08 17.26.49.png

I assume the above pic is what you see after only having Bar Harbor, Global Airports and OrbxLibs in your new Custom Scenery folder?

Can you please respond about the size and number of files you have for Bar Harbor addon. Should be 972MB 138 files, 3 folders

I have just done the process i suggested you do in regard to this:

"Final test:

Global Airports

OrbxLibs/."

I followed the process strictly and I show the new scenery_packs.ini that was created, which I then adjusted to be layered correctly as shown in the scenery pack. It will not be correctly layered when you run XP and exit and then reopen the scenery_packs.ini.

I
1000 Version
SCENERY

SCENERY_PACK K:\XP11 M2\Resources\plugins\SAM\lib\SAM_Library/
SCENERY_PACK K:\XP11 M2\Custom Scenery_DISABLED\Orbx_A_KBHB_Bar_Harbor/
SCENERY_PACK K:\XP11 M2\Custom Scenery_DISABLED\ZZZ_Orbx_KBHB_Bar_Harbor/
SCENERY_PACK K:\XP11 M2\Custom Scenery_DISABLED\Global Airports/
SCENERY_PACK K:\XP11 M2\Custom Scenery_DISABLED\Orbx_OrbxlibsXP/

Can you please confirm that this is what your scenery_packs now looks like? Attach it so I can look at it if you wish.

The  resulting pic shows no floating buildings, sitting on default XP with absolutely no other addon or scenery involved to cause a possible conflict.

Capture.thumb.JPG.cc75286e6021992f39bfd64989825bdc.JPG

I forgot to show you what my new Custom Scenery folder looks like. The 2 entries of AA_gseqx in the Custom Scenery folder and the entry for SAM in the sceneryPacks.ini are auto made entries by XP and may not be the same for you. The idea is to show you what the newly created Custom Scenery folder should contain. All the entries are made via shortcuts created by right clicking on the folder in the Custom Scenery_DISABLED folder, choosing "Send to" /"Desktop (create shortcut) and then moving the new shortcuts from Desktop into the new Custom Scenery folder.

Capture.thumb.JPG.f225ce151a02206542bf630c6e52d07f.JPG

Followed instructions to the letter, still the same. I went to my second computer, works fine, don't think its an error of the scenery. I also use xorganizer and disabled all the plugins with same results going try an update to XP again. Will let you know, thank you for taking the time

On 3/11/2020 at 12:05 AM, rdegle said:

Followed instructions to the letter, still the same. I went to my second computer, works fine, don't think its an error of the scenery. I also use xorganizer and disabled all the plugins with same results going try an update to XP again. Will let you know, thank you for taking the time

Thanks for the feedback. I have always been sure it wasn't the scenery causing your issue but something else within your XP addons, whether another scenery or plugin.

When using x-organiser and reinstalling Orbx addons or adding one, then make sure you check the scenery_packs.ini afterwards. X-Organiser doesn't necessarily organise Orbx addons as they are designed to be installed. Make sure all TE entries are placed just under Global Airports and that the normal 3 files of Custom/Overlay/Ortho are together in that sequence. Also make sure all airports and their folders are above Global Airports.

15 minutes ago, rdegle said:

Ok, I did some testing and downloaded a fresh ver of x-plane, no plugins or other custom scenery, with the same results. tried every combinations. Do you require other libraries?  Gave you the log too

scenery_packs.ini 270 B · 0 downloads

Log.txt 73.63 kB · 0 downloads

What is the difference between the 2 computers you have. You say the second works fine? 

With your new Custom Scenery folder with just the few addons in it, please run Verify Files for Bar Harbor again and straight afterwards attach a copy of your Orbx Central log which can be found by opening Orbx Central/Settings/Help/Open Log. Then save it and attach it.

if you are still having no buildings showing then we need to send this thread to the Orbx Central team for investigation as it is clear to me there is nothing wrong with the scenery, your pack.ini looks fine, you have the required libraries etc.

PS. I assume you are not reinstalling Bar Harbor from a backup copy which may be compromised already?

Stop the press!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Got it.  XP Graphics rendering setting, Had to increase the number of world objects from med to max, thought of this last night . I can't say how many hours I have spent on this, Sorry to have wasted your time, maybe someone else can learn. 

Thank you again for your time

• Nick Cooper changed the title to Bar Harbor no buildings - resolved by increasing world objects

I have a similar issue with the scenery as well. All my buildings show up but they're partially buried. I use ortho for xp in this area and after removing the tiles for all of New England the airport works. Now with Ortho enabled the ground structures are partially buried and some of the default scenery shows up as well.

This is a tricky one so any help is welcome. I'd like to know if this scenery is compatible with ortho for xp

Cessna_172SP - 2020-03-17 14.23.22.png

Cessna_172SP - 2020-03-17 14.22.52.png

Above posts on this topic have stated that the removal of Tile +44-069 will result in no floating buildings.

No non True Earth related Orbx airport is designed to be made compatible with Ortho4xp. Orbx has no licence to ensure compatibility with any other ortho scenery other than the one's it has paid for.

19 minutes ago, Audio Pilot said:

Removal of the Ortho for XP tile correct?  In Overlays.

Removal of the ortho/texture file +44-069. You can leave Overlays alone as the Bar Harbor addon is placed above the Ortho4xp and Ortho Overlay files in the scenery pack, the Bar Harbor addon will override the Overlay content in the area covered by the addon.

Removing +44-069 works for fixing the airport however deletes a large area of Ortho. Now don't get wrong this is great scenery and a very well done product. Your help is much appreciated. I just wan't to see if I can get a seamless transition from my Ortho to the airports Ortho, Goal is to fly VFR from Boston. I did Nantucket in the same way and it worked without having a gap between the Ortho and the scenery.

7 hours ago, Audio Pilot said:

Removing +44-069 works for fixing the airport however deletes a large area of Ortho. Now don't get wrong this is great scenery and a very well done product. Your help is much appreciated. I just wan't to see if I can get a seamless transition from my Ortho to the airports Ortho, Goal is to fly VFR from Boston. I did Nantucket in the same way and it worked without having a gap between the Ortho and the scenery.

As I have mentioned previously, the addon is not designed to work with ortho4xp, so a seamless transition is something you will not get unless you only use the default XP scenery or other replacement global scenery addons like SFD Global

Hi....trying to understand the inability to make this compatible with a freely used solution.  You do not have to distribute the solution (this one being O4XP)....but you can make the products compatible with it...or at least provide some guidance. Just removing the tile is a little far afield...considering many add-ons half the cost seem to be able to figure out multiple configurations.  Layering is easy to handle...don't get why I have to blow out a huge HUGE chunk of Maine...just for one little airport (no matter that, that airport is one of my favorite little ones).

Would have been nice to have that in the list of compatibility since a lot of XPL flyers fly with O4XP :)

Is there really no other way?  Its a little irritating.  OK off my soapbox. 

Ortho4xp is in many regards illegal. The imagery by Google and Bing for example is licensed and owned by those companies. The distribution of those companies imagery is illegal unless you have purchased a very expensive licence for commercial distribution. That is what Orbx has done for the True Earth series. The only exception I know of is Forkboys ortho for USA which he has gained full permission from NAIP to distribute his ortho scenery.

Orbx can only legitimately produce addons for use with the default XP scenery or in the case of airports within their own Licensed imagery like True Earth, airports that are designed to be fully functional for use in that TE scenery. The TE scenery also includes mesh for that region and therefore anomalies may occur in elevation etc if the addon is used in either non default XP scenery or any other scenery like Orth4xp.

Archived