BUG REPORT - KBHB

You are about to post into the X Plane 11 BUG REPORT forum. This forum is for reporting BUGS in a working Orbx X Plane 11 product.

A BUG is defined as a product that is working as it should but there is a problem with the working product.

Please review your request before posting into this forum.

A request for support with a product that does not work should be placed into the X Plane 11 Support forum.

Image of issue: https://ibb.co/CP3MSMy

Some hangers are hovering over the ground in the newly released Bar Harbor scenery for XP11. My "Runway follows terrain contours" is on. I've tried reinstalling and verifying files.

Please reach out to me via my email: ----------------------------

Thanks for your help,

Sam

I have tested and get the same floaters with Forkboy ortho. It looks like the airport is designed specifically for Default scenery. Orbx cannot make airports to fit ortho4xp scenery (which is what Forkboy's is) because the ortho is not licensed to Orbx. It is obviously a mesh issue and I am unaware of how to remove the mesh aspect from Forkboy ortho. You may wish to enquire on the https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/forums/ site.

I attach a pic of what I see with default XP scenery and what I see with Forkboy ortho.

So in conclusion i am saying that this is not a Bug but that it is incompatible, mesh wise, with Ortho4xp and subsequently will not be reporting this to the Devs.

With Forkboy Ortho:

3.thumb.JPG.f7f6280ff6dc51ce988dd85fe2da0a33.JPG

With Default XP scenery:

4.thumb.JPG.71f5839744809ea4ff578918670e4ccc.JPG

46 minutes ago, SpeedBird007 said:

I am using forkboy ortho yes

It will work fine if you disable the Forkboy/New England/terrain folder. However there will probably be the chance it will cause other anomalies within the New England coverage.

@SpeedBird007 In the Forkboy New England folder there are a load of Mesh files. Remove Data+44-069.mesh file.  All buildings and other floating objects are now grounded as if you were using default scenery but you will be flying over the photo scenery.

Doing it this way means you are not modifying any Orbx Bar Harbor file content, (which is not allowed for public distribution) only modding the freeware Forkboy ortho.imagery/mesh file.

Archived