PNW & au blue

Dadtom65

Hi All put this in the wrong place I was told. Right have just got FSX going again after some probs. I had bought PNW boxed so as soon as FSX was OK, I installed it. I am sure I saw PNW in the add and remove progs panel Win7 64bit. THen I decided to install the blue area, it did not show up in the FTX central box. So I triyed to delete it. I then decided to uninstall PNW and start again, but there does not seem to be an uninstall prog. I have since found out that all my old orbx sceneries blue ,gold red, green are the free ones and should not be used. There is 1 file left called ftxaa libaries,or is it auaa libaries, should I have deleted it, well I have but I can get it back. How can I uninstall PNW if need be. and have I now got to buy all the areas again. I beleive PNW is in the FSX scenery settings. Cheer's Derek.

Hello Derek,

PNW doesn't have an uninstaller but it's a pretty straightforward manual process:

1. Start FTX Central and click on "Default FSX"; apply and exit.

2. In your main FSX folder locate the "ORBX" folder and delete the "FTX_NA" folder.

3. In your main FSX folder locate the "Scenery\World\scenery" folder and sort it by name. There should be 99 elevation adjustment files starting with "ADE_FTX_PNW_", probably with an ".OFF" extension. Select these and delete them. Be careful not to delete any other files with similar names!

I have since found out that all my old orbx sceneries blue ,gold red, green are the free ones and should not be used.

I believe you're refering to the VOZ freeware add-ons for the FTX Australia payware regions? They have been replaced with the freeware OZx packages available at http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?act=idx You should indeed remove the FTXAA folders from your system and use the OZx files instead.

Cheers, Holger

Archived