ffmpeg.dll not found

Stev

Operating system:  windows 10

Simulator:  FSX

Screenshot:  

Issue:  Purchased scenery (trees) and Orbx installed with no problem. Tried to install some airports but Orbx Central would no longer  load. Deleted and reinstalled Central several times to no avail with following message: Orbx Centrral.exe - System error-the code execution cannot proceed because -ffmpeg.dll was not found). Any ideas? Maybe DirectX problem?

Thanks

Sadly didn't work. Tried several times, most recently with virus app off during install with no effect. Should add that I've always tried to install as adm.  Thought maybe problem with DirectX so re-installed that. When I try to open Orbx Central it looks like it's trying to open but I just get a empty frame for a fraction of a second. Any other ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Nick

It's there and says application extension date modified 3/5/2020 Application extension 2,284 KB

It's strange, when  I click on the Orbx Central icon it looks like it's trying to open but goes down to task bar and when I hover the mouse over it the opening screen appears but doesn't respond

On 3/7/2020 at 2:18 AM, Stev said:

It's there and says application extension date modified 3/5/2020 Application extension 2,284 KB

It's strange, when  I click on the Orbx Central icon it looks like it's trying to open but goes down to task bar and when I hover the mouse over it the opening screen appears but doesn't respond

And just to confirm, you're still getting the ffmpeg error? I haven't seen this issue before and am unable to find many other occurrences online.

Can you try to attach your Central log file? Instructions are in this thread:

No longer getting the error" FFmpeg not found" but still aborts on opening app. Found a YouTube 9/18 video which referenced " Orbx FTX Central, How to Uninstall and Reinstall (Tutorial)." I gave it a go but no luck. Same issue, it downloads and installs but when I try to run it a frame appears for a second then goes down to task bar with small picture of Central opening page but does not respond.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Nick

There is no E:'\Orbx  nor is it referenced in Central Scenery Library. However, I do have Orbx folder in the FSX directory which contains all my purchased scenery and some Orbx freeware, Config, etc. It's kind of weird,  Central worked great before I purchased Tree enhancement which did seem to download/install correctly  but now Central  stopped working

Created an Orbx folder, uninstalled Central and re-installed. Central opened for a few minutes, downloaded most updates but lost internet connection before completed. We have very marginal internet service where I live in Iowa. When connection was restored tried to re-open Central again but with no success. I'm a bit concerned that I wasn't able to properly log out of Central. Hope that doesn't create a problem. Also have a new hard drive ordered so will do a fresh install.

Thanks for your help.

Archived