john

greywood

Hello:

I have suffered a catastrophic fsx failure. Try as I may I cant reinstall and activate past the

demo mode,Microsoft it seems had abandoned us.I was on the phone for 2 hours with them

yesterday,Consequently I decided to uninstall all my Orbx fsx files.I am now looking at prepare3d.

My question is,will Orbx honor these many files for a reinstall to Prepaer3d for me?There are

huge sums of investment involved.

Regards

Hello,

almost every FSX  product licensed through Orbx Direct can also be install into all versions of P3D at no extra cost.

The three Orbx aircraft are probably the only exception, because they have not been updated to work in P3D v4.

As a matter of interest, what is preventing you from activating your copy of FSX?

Hello Nick:

Thanks so much for the great news about being able to use my many files in Prepar3d.Maybe you could let me know how that can

be accomplished through Orbx central when I have purchased the new sim.

The demise of fsx came about due to the large number of Orbx files loaded into my 1/2 TB hard drive to within 95 % capacity.That created

memory prompts and crashes.

I decided to mirror image my C drive containing windows 10 as well onto a NEW 1 TB drive.It was successfull but when I started

FSX it prompted an error message and would not load.I did some research and found a hot key file that required changing.

That was successful in activating the wizard but after many tries and a 2 hour session on the phone with Microsoft I was unable to

activate with my product key.I tried a new install while saving all my add ons except Orbx which I,for security reasons ,uninstalled through central.That was successful but again no

activation worked,so I gave up.

Regards

Hello,

it's the same as it was for FSX.

Once you have run P3D v4 once and closed it, it will appear in the menu at the top of the Orbx Central window.

Select it and install your products as before.

You will have the option to install them either inside or outside the P3D v4 root folder.

Please have a good read of the Orbx Central User Guide before you make your decision.

Hello,

go to your windows control panel and select the one I have highlighted.

8.jpg

Right click on it, select uninstall and when it asks you if you want to unregister it, answer NO.

Then go to where you backed up your P3D v4 download and install this one.

9.jpg

by right clicking on it and selecting Install.

Archived