AFCAD files (EGPH, EGNX)

Hi, I have recently purchased EGPH, LYBE and EGNX. I am running P3D v4.5.

I installed them into a library on D: disc, and I noticed scenarios were not registered on P3D, so I had to do it manually. After that, my GSX says there is no AFCAD for EGPH and EGNX, so GSX services are not available. I now I am at the border of two different products, so I have to ask at both forums.

From your side, what can be happening? Any advise?

Thanks in advance ;-)

Is the D drive where your P3d simulator is located? It sounds like P3d hasn't activated the scenery. Can you open the scenery and move around in the GSX editor?

I would uninstall the scenery, then reinstall. I always chose the option to install into the main simulator folder. Do each scenery one at a time, when you load P3d it should automatically load in the scenery.

If you cant get the GSX editor to open, I would ask on the FSDT GSX forum. If there is no GSX "panic log" try and make a note of where the scenery has been installed to.

Good luck.

5 hours ago, Luis Altamuro said:

From your side, what can be happening? Any advise?

Hi

If you have installed them into a library then that means they have been installed via the .xml method and will not show in the scenery.cfg. They will show in P3D Add-ons menu.

Are you saying that you also tried to add them manually by using the add area function in the scenery library?

3 hours ago, Luis Altamuro said:

No, P3D is in C: drive. Thank you for your help, I will follow your directions.

;-)

There might be an issue ( another one!) with FSDT GSX and East Midlands Airport.

I bought EGNX today and confirm that the GSX editor seems to have a problem with the AFCAD file. Nothing new here from my perspective. Not all Orbx airports play nicely with GSX.  EGNX may be one of them.

When I went to set up the GSX editor for position 12, the aircraft was flung 2 miles into the wrong direction, at 2000 feet. I had to open the P3d Airport selection screen to get back to the parking position.

GSX editor correctly identifies the FTX bgl, but messes around when trying to edit.  I fing GSX a bit of a nightmare at times. Support is on his forum.

Hope you get the airport running in P3d. Its very nice at night.

Regards

David

David, That spinning or violent repositioning when clicking on the 3D editor in GSX2 could be caused by one of your joysticks not in a null position.

I had it quite often and had to each time unplug the offending joystick to edit.

I later finely calibrated the joystick, in Windows, plus setting a null and I can leave it plugged in now.

One of your joystick or hardware switches might be mapped to a Slew control as well?

23 hours ago, Doug Sawatzky said:

Hi

If you have installed them into a library then that means they have been installed via the .xml method and will not show in the scenery.cfg. They will show in P3D Add-ons menu.

Are you saying that you also tried to add them manually by using the add area function in the scenery library?

Hi Doug,

Yes, it was my first surprise, I expected to have my new scenaries directly in the list via xml, but they were not. These are not my first ones using that method, and all the rest of them appear in my scenery list (read only, of course). I n fact, I saw the default sceneries until I registered them manually. Something was worng with the install, don't know what, even me/myself ;-)

Waiting also for an answer from FSDreamTeam Forum.

Thank you all.

Archived