Grey poor definition area's in GB True Earth

Sheldo

Your Central log file provides us important information, please attach it to your support requests. You can find it at the following locations, or by pressing Control + Shift + L.

• Windows: %APPDATA%/Orbx/Central/central.log
  • macOS: ~/Library/Application Support/Orbx/Central/central.log
  • Linux: ~/.config/Orbx/Central/central.log

You can delete this box/quote once your log is attached

My system now doesn't seem to have sharp definition anymore, and the ORBX True Earth areas are light grey 2D almost , I wonder if it's a layer problem (the airfield is UK 2000 EGBB) which is sharp definition NB this is set above all ORBX products including FTXAA_Lib.

Comments/ advice would be most welcome please.

I'm running with i9-990KS at  5+ / 32 GB DDR 4200 RAM (4 x 8) / ASUS Maximus Hero X MB / ASUS Strix GTX 2018TI, /  49" Samsung monitor set at 5120 x 1440 @120 Hz

Operating system:  Win 10 Pro 64 bit

Simulator:  P3D v4.5

Screenshot:  

Issue:  

Approaching BHX ORBX scenery (2).PNG

central.log

Hi Keith

Maybe try the image sharpening feature in your Nvidia control panel.

You could also post a copy of your “scenery.cfg” file and the “add-ons.cfg” and the “scenery_add-ons.xml” file found at C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4.

Image Sharpening.PNG

Hi Doug,

Many thanks for getting back to me, I have done what you said, and attached an updated photo which has no improvement as you can see.

The strange thing is it's only TE that has this blurred look, and as you can see the airport is razor sharp.

I still think this is a layer problem,but I'm no expert.

I'll submit a couple of shots from just outside LFMN on another page because of size limit on submitting.

ORBX right half 020320Capture (2).PNG

scenery.cfg add-ons.cfg scenery_add-ons.xml

Hi Keith

I don't see anything wrong with the layering of your scenery. Maybe try with your non Orbx 3rd party stuff deactivated. 

But I do see you have the CRM region and SCA region partially activated, and Global base seems to also be only partially activated in your scenery library.

The below four items make up Global base install and should all be activated. Although these observations may not have anything to do with your issue.

FTXAA_OrbxLIBS
Orbx!OPENLC_BASE
Orbx!OPENLC_EUROPE1
Orbx!OPENLC_NAMERICA1

Also, your Vector entries should be arranged like the below image. Again, not likely to have anything to do with your issue.

And you can use an image such as the one in the below topic to post unlimited screenshots.

Vector Entries.PNG

Hi Doug ,

Thanks for your continued patience,I have reactivated all Orbx files and Verified FTX Global I have deleted UK2000 EGBB and reset FTX Vector (again) don't know why it changed from my last problem if you recall earlier in Feb.

I've attached new updated copies of the 3 files that you asked for before,and you can see that the quality is still gross.

I really don't know what to do but the TE-GBS always looked better than this before

My very best regards

Keith

ORBX EGBB as requested by Doug Capture.PNG

add-ons.cfg scenery.cfg scenery_add-ons.xml

hello Sheldo

Uncheck the triple buffering on your frame rate controls, and go for 8xMSAA. I have UK2000 EGBB installed in TEGB and looks and works very well. Airport vehicle density to 0 (zero). Also switch FXAA to ON. Hope it helps.

app

Your ortho image looks a lot like mine.  I took the shot below at 1,000 feet.  When you have UK2000 active it supresses the autogen which does indeed increase one's focus on the clarity level of the ortho image which is not at its best at 1,000 feet.  

If you are interested, here is a link to another thread in this forum that mentions a thread to obtain autogen to fill in areas around UK2000 Extreme airports when using True Earth.

https://Orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/188506-true-earth-gb-south-uk2000/

Rod

EGBB%20Approach.jpg?dl=0

Archived