Seeing lines on Great Britain Central

cbcdesign

Hi.

I am having an issue with Great Britain Central. I am seeing distinct lines on the scenery, best described as alternating light and dark bands. I do not see it in the North ore South editions but its very noticeable and distracting, killing the realism of the scenery. It's almost as if I am seeing the mesh underneath the textures.

Any ideas what could be causing this please and how to get rid of it? 

• Nick Cooper changed the title to Seeing lines on Great Britain Central
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Here is a screen shot of what I am seeing. A distinct pattern of lines stretching into the distance through the terrain, clearly visible in the fields immediately below the window frame. In Xplane 11.50 beta others are now complaining that they can see odd patterning now too, made worse in certain lighting conditions. The suggestion is that decals cause this issue and it affects both the South & Central version but not North.

pattern.jpg

I also have this and read reports that it is also evident in ortho4xp. If there is anything required to assist in eliminating this anomaly then Orbx will look into it at the time 11.50 becomes an official release. Orbx doesn't support beta versions of sims but does take note of anomalies and are in touch with Laminar

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks Jon. The above image was taken in X-plane version 11.41 actually, not 11.50. I mentioned 11.50 only in the context that others are now seeing issues with decal patterning that was previously invisible to them but visible to me in the release version of Xplane.

Archived