TrueEarth GB South

Terrysim

After installing TrueEarth GB South I attempted a flight to Newquay in Cornwall and discovered that although parked aircraft, autogen etc looked ok the actual runways, taxiways appeared to be 'buried' under Google Earth type scenery. I can only imagine P3D is displaying the scenery in the wrong order so here is my insertion settings in ftx central. I have no other scenery products and I have carried out the sync. Everything else, to my eyes, looks fine.

My (relevant) Products

Global Base, Vector and Open LC Europe

Under Orbx airports and regions

Top of scenery library

Under Orbx Global Open LC

Orbx airports and regions

Just to be completely clear, under Orbx airports and regions It reads, Top of scenery library, Sharurah, Bathymetry, various towns and continents, base numbers etc and the last 2 at the bottom are Default Scenery and Default Terrain.

Any ideas please

Regards, Terry

• Terrysim changed the title to TrueEarth GB South

Hello Terry,

you have posted this question twice already.

You have this other live topic.

If I read your post correctly, your scenery library order is incorrect.

The Insertion Point should be set as follows:

1. Airports and regions just below the lowest of any other developers'scenery library entries or

if there are none, at the top of the Library.

2. openLC entries just below Airports and regions.

Thank you for that but I'm afraid I still don't understand - I don't have any other scenery except for the p3d, so it reads under Orbx airports and regions, inserted below, top of scenery library and, as I said, orbx global openLC, Inserted below, orbx airports and regions - What am I not reading right here ? Could you phrase it any simpler please ?

Regards, Terryimage.png.88d923c86a949db3aabb4f3c2a965da0.png

Good morning, thanks for the reply - Although I had verified the files I think I'll re-install True Earth and see what happens although if the same thing is happening on yours that's probably pointless - I'm a total newcomer to any kind of forum (You guessed ?) so do I ask Sascha Normann  for an opinion or do the developers only accept queries from Administrators ?

Cheers, Terry

Hello,

the  problem lies with there being a default EGDG named St Mawgen and the fact that it is now known as Newquay.

It does not look as if either EU England or TEGB South do anything but change the name.

I actually see raised runways, can you show me an image of what you see please?

For what's it's worth I've just noticed the traffic doesn't quite line up with the roads, the vehicles are running alongside in the fields. I know we've been through it all before but are you happy with my insertion points, ie ORBX Airports and Regions = top of scenery library and ORBX Global openLC - ORBX Airports and Regions ? 

Hello Terry,

yes, I had thought that was what I had written here:

the Orbx Newquay seems to be only a place marker.

The X Plane 11 version does not include any airports at all, they are X Plane 11 "default" airports,

so a comparison is invalid.

I have sent the developer a message and will get back to you when I have a reply.

Archived