TE Washington SD startup errors

ozcanuck55

Hi,

Recently I am getting an error about missing textures when starting from TE Washington airports. The airport loads with the error box. There are some files in log.txt which fail.

I have verified TE and all other ORBX products, verified my Steam XP11 install and am still getting the error. Using an airport outside this area is fine.

Any ideas?

See my log.txt and Scenery_pack.ini attached.

Log.txt scenery_packs.ini

The Log says it is having a problem with Israels Farm addon. I suggest initially that you uninstall it via Orbx central and then reinstall it. You could run a Verify Files on it but since it is only <500MB it may be best to reinstall it. I don't know your internet situation, so if 4-500 MB is a slow or unreasonable amount for you to download again, them run the Verify Files option

Thanks, John.

I uninstalled and reinstalled Israel's Farm, but am still getting the error. Tried flights from a few airports in the area without any

noticeable problems, including Israel's farm. Just a bother so far. New log.txt attached. I also get these blocks of odd water texture in the San Juan's, if thats related.

1203317468_Cessna_172SP-2020-02-1319_28_41.thumb.png.1980659094801587d6c87127dceeaf99.png

Log.txt

The water masking you show in your pic is well documented and noted by the devs.

Are the error messages appearing in the top right of your screen after you have completed the loading of the flight?

Also you say that there is no problem with Israels farm?

Attach a pic showing the error message please, or are you just reading the messages that appear in the Log?

Untitled.thumb.png.d661c1bf444358cb24ce56530b4e2f80.png

Sequim, WA airport .

I am also getting similar errors for  a couple of Freeware airports, not in Washington, regarding 3rd party library files, which seem to be there and were working before. May not be an ORBX problem. Will check XPlane forums. Thank you for your prompt help, as usual, John!

Log.txt scenery_packs.ini

Hmmm....Defragged my scenery drive and saw some posts about library file permissions. Allowed permissions to be replaced on all child objects in ORBX Library (E:\ORBX Library\xp11\Orbx Libraries\Custom Scenery\Orbx_OrbxlibsXP). 

Started at non-TE WA airport - no error box as expected

Started at Spokane - no error box

Started at Sea-Tac - no error box

Started at Israel's Farm - no error box

If you look in the log.txt, there are still some files referenced by Israel's farm that are not being found, but no errors now.

Looks like it was a drive/permission problem mucking up my files.

So far, so good.

Thanks for your assistance, John. Perhaps this post may be of help to others.

Log.txt

Archived