Help with True Earth Florida

meb58

I have already posted two pictures on this topic in the thread "Bugreports TE Florida". They are taken off Palm Beach.
There is indeed this sharp edge between ORBX and stock water scenery, but not everywhere. Further north, the sharp edge turns into a softer transition again.

See the pics:

kGuIdht.jpg

dLhOZum.jpg

1 hour ago, MikeFlight said:

I have already posted two pictures on this topic in the thread "Bugreports TE Florida". They are taken off Palm Beach.
There is indeed this sharp edge between ORBX and stock water scenery, but not everywhere. Further north, the sharp edge turns into a softer transition again.

See the pics:

kGuIdht.jpg

dLhOZum.jpg

Thank You for posting these pics Michael...Im having the exact same issues but you explained it much better than I did,,,,Maybe the DEV can come up with a patch.

@meb58

See my post above.  To save you hunting around, I'm sure that the developer won't mind me quoting his answer from another thread:

The issue is that the coastline around Miami is very close to the tile border. If we include the neighbouring tile which is mostly water then we also have to find imagery and data to include part of the Bahamas which is not an easy task. I can include low resolution blurry imagery for the islands but the issue is that people who actually want to fly there from Florida will be quite angry to see a blurry mess. This is a big downside to the 1x1 degree tile limit that X-Plane enforces, making problems like this very difficult to fix.

As I said, it's best to forget about it!

Thanks flyingdrill...You are right....I'm forgetting about it because I understand the problem now.  Makes sense. Anyhow, I really do love what Florida looks like with TE. Orbx did a wonderful job and my PC hardly notices it....Computer runs it great!

@meb58

Great. 

I have suggested that they put more tall buildings along parts of that coastline, as there are several areas where there are tall hotels and condos in a row, and they are notably absent in the sim. However, it's mainly a superb piece of work . I'm running it on an iMac, and it's fine.  I kept DD's Miami in, though, and it blends perfectly - sorry, Orbx ^_^

36 minutes ago, flyingdrill said:

@meb58

Great. 

I have suggested that they put more tall buildings along parts of that coastline, as there are several areas where there are tall hotels and condos in a row, and they are notably absent in the sim. However, it's mainly a superb piece of work . I'm running it on an iMac, and it's fine.  I kept DD's Miami in, though, and it blends perfectly - sorry, Orbx ^_^

I deleted DD Miami some time ago....I always thought it was too "washed out"....maybe it was my monitor settings....

Archived