TE NorCal - where are my bridges?

flyingdrill

Got TE Northern CA yesterday.  Looks great.  However, I can neither see the Bay Bridge, nor the Golden Gate Bridge.

I deleted any other ortho I had.  I know that I have Mr X6's KSFO and I did have another KOAK installed.  I had patched KSFO, as recommended, but I don't think that's the problem, because I later deleted Mr X6's KSFO completely, and still had no bridges (but a much less interesting airport!).  I also just deleted KOAK, in case there was an exclusion somewhere, but that also made no difference.

What am I missing?

Regards.

Cessna_172SP - 2020-02-12 17.16.26.jpg

Cessna_172SP - 2020-02-12 17.11.38.jpg

scenery_packs.ini

I had Golden Gate in XP10, but not in 11.  Only KSFO from MisterX6, but I had patched that as per his instructions - but, as I said, I deleted the whole KSFO V2 folder earlier with no effect, and then put it back.

Actually, I did run a verification before my query to you,  but it did not seem to do anything, other than try to install the orthos again.  This is because the orthos are saved on another drive, and I use an OS X alias file to point to them.   Unfortunately, Central does not seem to recognise this.  Surely, though, the bridges are not in the ortho files - or are they??

Well, John, after my last, I reinstalled KSFO V2.01 (and my KOAK from the .org download library).  I decided to leave the KSFO intact, not bothering to patch it to exclude some of the ortho, and I kept the traffic folders he gives us , as well.  I did do the "ATC" patch - which cures the ATIS conflict with KMRY which used to exist.  

Then I had a look at it all, and it is fabulous.  Everything seems to blend in perfectly with TE, and the bridges, city, Alcatraz, etc. all look great (as they did in XP10!).

So, I have "cured" the problem, but it doesn't answer the question I originally had - and you are also masking it in your own installation.   As a matter of interest, can you ascertain (and post ) the odd few Orbx files which have the Golden Gate and Bay Bridge depictions?    That way, I can see whether I do have a corrupted installation, without another verification step.

Thanks for your interest.

10 minutes ago, flyingdrill said:

Well, John, after my last, I reinstalled KSFO V2.01 (and my KOAK from the .org download library).  I decided to leave the KSFO intact, not bothering to patch it to exclude some of the ortho, and I kept the traffic folders he gives us , as well.  I did do the "ATC" patch - which cures the ATIS conflict with KMRY which used to exist.  

Then I had a look at it all, and it is fabulous.  Everything seems to blend in perfectly with TE, and the bridges, city, Alcatraz, etc. all look great (as they did in XP10!).

So, I have "cured" the problem, but it doesn't answer the question I originally had - and you are also masking it in your own installation.   As a matter of interest, can you ascertain (and post ) the odd few Orbx files which have the Golden Gate and Bay Bridge depictions?    That way, I can see whether I do have a corrupted installation, without another verification step.

Thanks for your interest.

Glad it is now OK. Don't quite understand what you want me to post regarding " few Orbx files which have the Golden Gate and Bay Bridge depictions". Do you want me to post a pic or 2 of XP running and showing the bridges?

Sorry Jon if you didn't understand what I was asking.  I wondered whether you could ask for the locations of, sizes and names of the actual files that depict these bridges.  I searched the overlay and custom directories for Golden_Gate_Bridge files, and came up with several files in my installation (dds, png, etc.), so they would appear to be there.  I had thought of asking the files to be posted, but this is unreasonable!

Really, now, this is just curiosity, as the freeware KSFO fits in so well!  If my order of "play" in the .ini file looks OK, I'm a bit surprised - but I did see a vaguely similar problem that someone was having with some buildings in Orlando with the TE_Florida installation.  He fixed it, but didn't really explain how.  Mainly, he seemed to deactivate plugins, and then re-enabled them.....??

Archived