Orbx florida scenery very slow to load

scoop72

I purchased Orbx Florida scenery and it takes 15 minutes to load in Xplane 11, Sometimes longer and I have to shut it down and restart.  My computer is an Intel i7-9700 3.0 GHZ. 16 MB ram and an Nvidia GE force RTX 2060 super graphics card. When I remove Orbx Florida from system 3 minutes to load. Any suggestions please.

Bob 

This is because TE Florida has a lot of objects to load. The loading times will greatly vary depending on what type of hard drive the addon is installed on.

See this link as an example of where the loading time was appearing stuck on Reading new scenery files, when in fact it was loading OK but taking a long time. This example was with the quicker loading SD version. Disk read/write speed is the factor involved in loading times, plus XP settings and whether SD or HD versions are installed.

Indeed, I can confirm this! For me, it takes not longer than, maximum, 2 minutes to load (8700k, Samsung 860Evo-IDE, Gigabyte Z390, Nvidia 2800)! And after loading, the performance is great - even near KMIA! 

Kind regards from Curaçao! 

Lars 

same here but I have TE Florida loaded on an external USB drive (powered).  I note TE GB doesn't take as long to load but is on a mechanical drive still but this is internal.  Guess that makes a difference.  I could probably do with buying an internal SSD and moving everything at some point (assume this will load quicker).

Archived