Water "bleeds through" on textures

ShermFly

I have Base, Vector, openLC all installed on P3D v4.5.13.32097 and things generally work great.

But I notice that "water" seems to bleed through on textures on hillsides, esp. near water. I've noticed this on Spring and Summer textures. Have not tried Fall yet.

See the screenshot:

so6D3s5.jpg

I notice that as the scenery "redraws" these water patches tend to go dark/be blocked out. It's like there's transparency built into the textures that has changes to the transparency value based on draw distance, etc.

Are there any setting that impact this? Any known resolutions? I'm using recommended (Orbx docs) settings.

Thanks!

Some other details:

Windows 10 Pro

Intel i5 cpu

16gb RAM

Sapphire RX580 / 4 GB video card with latest Radeon software (20.1.3)

P3D and addons installed on SSD

Doug, 

Many thanks for the link to the previous post! Sorry I hadn't searched deeply enough to find that.

For anyone who might trip over this post, the summary is that there is a known bug in P3D that causes the sim to "interpret near-black pixels as water in textures in the same grid cell as a river or lake and at a specific distance range from the user aircraft" which pretty accurately describes what I was seeing.

There does not appear to be any setting changes or other work-around to resolve it. We just need to check future P3D versions.

I'm going to check on the P3D forums to see if there is any more detail.

Thanks!

Sherman

There is somewhat of a workaround that works for me.   When flying outside of the frozen lake months, set the SAK Control Panel "Frozen lakes and river" option to "Open water in Winter".   The errant patches of water near lakes and rivers should be eliminated.  Once the winter months come, change the setting back.

Rod

Archived