Problems running new install of Central v4

Liffy55

Hello,

I have been running P3D4 and FTX3 and have just changed to Central v.4. I have many Orbx and non-Orbx sceneries already installed on the platform.

I've run into problems as follows;

1. "Orbx Central Worker failed to launch" error appears
  2. Under "Settings" - "Insertion Point", the "Inserted Below" dropdowns are not becoming active as the message in blue above "One moment, we're loading your scenery library" will not disappear. Thus I cannot place my last non-Orbx 3rd party scenery listed in my scenery library in the Orbx Airports and Regions "Inserted Below" window and cannot ensure that the Orbx Global openLC "Inserted Below" dropdown has the Orbx Airports and Regions inserted here, which I understand is the standard best advice.
  3. The many updates now available in Central v.4 which were not available in FTX3 will not execute due to another error "A communication error occurred when trying to perform this action".

Are these problems in any way related to the Libraries function under "Settings"  - I'm not clear from the manual whether a new library must be created or is that just optional? Either way I have not created one.

I ran Central 4 successfully on the same PC previously but went back to FTX3 several months ago when I could not overcome scenery display problems.

I've uploaded my central log which hopefully might assist.

central.log

Hi

Please see the system requirements that are outlined on page #27 of the user guide which can be found under settings/help/user guide?

4 hours ago, Liffy55 said:

I'm not clear from the manual whether a new library must be created or is that just optional?

A external library is required for the installation of Orbx ObjectFlow, but does not need to be used for anything else.

Many thanks Doug

I had looked at the system requirements but respecting your advice I re-checked them to be sure and verified again that I satisfied these.

Having done that, I reinstalled Central v.4 and the first two issues (Central Worker failure and ability to adjust Library Insertion Point) did not and have not recurred since.

I thought the 3rd issue was resolving as some of the scenery updates installed OK but for several of them the update attempt failed, with an accompanying error appearing "Error: Library Path does not exist". This same error appears upon trying to "Verify Files". I tried uninstalling and reinstalling one of these stubborn sceneries but again got the exact same error when trying to reinstall. Moreover, I've noticed that when I execute "Verify Files" for some installed and up to date sceneries, I also get the same error, whilst for other added sceneries the "Verify" completes successfully. 

In passing, I should mention that an addon I purchased when still using FTX3 but obviously could not install without upgrading to Central v.4 has installed and displays perfectly.

Apart from that, from a number of sample areas I have looked at within P3D4, the sceneries seem to be displaying perfectly so it would be great to be able to resolve the Library Error issue - any further ideas would be greatly appreciated!.

39 minutes ago, Liffy55 said:

I thought the 3rd issue was resolving as some of the scenery updates installed OK but for several of them the update attempt failed, with an accompanying error appearing "Error: Library Path does not exist".

You will need to go to settings/Libraries and create a new Library in a location of your choosing, this is required for the installation of ObjectFlow  for Orbx Central, then it will be installed and use 7mb of space in that new folder, and everything will work properly. You do not need to use this folder for anything else, Orbx Central will then give you the choice to install your products to that folder or to the root simulator folder.

Archived