I Can Not Install Orbx TE Florida HD for X-Plane 11

pager94

Hi All, 

I'm a longtime Orbx customer, though not a Pioneering  Customer. I haven't had any non-solvable installation problems using the new Orbx Central Fastlane system until now.

Recently, I bought Key West and True Earth Florida HD for X-Plane 11.

Key West Installed in Orbx Central with no problems.

I've been trying for about three days to install TE Florida HD for X-Plane 11. 

I can't get it installed through FTX Central.

There are no error messages.

My system (OS: Windows 10 Professional) drive C: 1.8 TB (SSD) with about 180GB free.

I am installing TE Florida into a secondary SSD Drive 884 GB Total Space with 714 GB Free Space.

There is plenty of free space on the installation drive.  I have also changed the temporary download folder to an external drive (Non-SSD) 1.81 TB Total Space with 1.41 TB Free Space.

After clicking install for TE Florida HD the approximately 43.05 GB download is completed. 

Next, the FTX Central hangs showing "0/XXXXX Extracted and 0/XXXXX Converted."  

I see no notable activity on the system resources monitor.

I have gotten Blue Screens of Death (B.O.D.) and automatic reboots on a  couple of times.

I've tried installing about six (6) times over the last few days.

The Orbx FTX Central consistently hangs after downloading showing 

"0/XXXXX Extracted and 0/XXXXX Converted."   I see no notable activity on the system resources monitor.

I don't think it would take Hours and Hours to install on my system (see specifications below). Orbx Washington TE (HD + Enhanced) downloaded and installed in about forty-five (45) minutes on the same system.

I installed Key West onto a different secondary HD (SSD) with similar procedure with no problems. I'm just installing TE Florida on a different secondary SSD that has the most Free Space (714 GB Free).

CPU: Intel i9 7980 XE (18 Core)

Memory: 64 GB Ram

GPU: NVidia 1080 Ti (11GB each) X2 in SLI Configuration

All system updates and software updates are current.

Orbx FTX Central is the most current version v4.0.39

Any suggestions and/or solutions to getting Orbx TE Florida HD (X-Plane 11) Installed.

Thanks,

Dave

David Michael Edwards.

11 minutes ago, Doug Sawatzky said:

Hi Dave

If your CPU is overclocked, please try the install without the overclock.

Hi Doug,

Thanks for your quick response!!!

I have not done any manual overclocking. I think the default speed is about 2.3 Ghz across all cores.

After a few unsuccessful attempts, I added the Orbx Central to the "Intel Turbo Max Boost 3.0" overclocking App/Program. Same results after addition.

I will remove the FTX Central from the Intel Overclock list, just to be sure.

Thanks,
Dave

Hi All,

It's a MIRACLE!!!!!!!

After trying again after publicly posting the Problem and Issue, the files are now extracting and converting while downloading. 

Previously only 0/xxxxxxxx extracted and 0/xxxxxxxx Converted was showing while downloading and hanging.

I'll keep you posted.  Install started at approximately 1:15 PM Pacific Standard Time (P.S.T.) 2/8/2020.

Thanks,
Dave

Hi All,

All DONE.......

What a Truly Agonizing and Truly Repugnant Installation!!!!!!!

I don't recall in recent memory such a problem plagued install.......

After FTX Central eventually extracted all files conversion of files progressed to about 74%. 

At that point, an Endless Loop of Blue Screen of Death (B.S.O.D.) and Automatic Reboots were Triggered During File Conversion.......

Each Reboot would Naturally and Obviously Wipe out all Converted files and the Conversion Process would restart, backing the install up to about 45% from about 74%.

After about three (3) or four (4) B.S.O.D.'s and Reboots. I went to through the White Quite Flag and checked for windows updates.  

A Microsoft NetFramework Update was available. I did the update, rebooted, and restarted the conversion.

The Entire File Conversion took about forty-five (45) minutes after the Microsoft NetFramework update.

The installation was completed and Key West was configured to work with Orbx TE Florida HD.

After and exhaustive four (4) days of trying to install, I probably won't get to see if it works until next week.......

Installation competed at approximately 4:30 PM (P.S.T.)

Thanks,
Dave

Archived