Norther California: SF Bay Bridge partly missing

jelvers

What you are seeing is MisterX’s bridge from his KSFO airport scenery that suppresses the Orbx one.  MisterX has provided a version of the airport that does not have the bridge or the city (go to the download page and you will see it).  Beware though that the Orbx Bay Bridge looks nothing like the real one (really awful actually).

• 3 months later...
On 2/6/2020 at 7:24 AM, mauricecohen said:

What you are seeing is MisterX’s bridge from his KSFO airport scenery that suppresses the Orbx one.  MisterX has provided a version of the airport that does not have the bridge or the city (go to the download page and you will see it).  Beware though that the Orbx Bay Bridge looks nothing like the real one (really awful actually).

Hi Maurice,

I have been searching everywhere for an answer to the following question. Is there a way to add MisterX's Bay Bridge to Orbx AND have the Orbx Oakland bridge span?  

Because you are right, it is a VERY poor rendering of the Bay Bridge. Right now I just keep Mister X's bridge with no Oakland span because Orbx looks so bad.

Just wondering :)

37 minutes ago, Kevoone said:

Hi Maurice,

I have been searching everywhere for an answer to the following question. Is there a way to add MisterX's Bay Bridge to Orbx AND have the Orbx Oakland bridge span?  

Because you are right, it is a VERY poor rendering of the Bay Bridge. Right now I just keep Mister X's bridge with no Oakland span because Orbx looks so bad.

Just wondering :)

The short answer is no. The Orbx bridge is one object; both spans are suppressed when the MisterX western part is above it in the .ini file.  You can have the eastern span from a different scenery (if it has the bridge as 2 separate objects).  That is what I have done using an old Bay Area scenery I bought a few years ago - the only issue is that it shows the old Oakland span damaged during the earthquake, alongside the new span, the way it was before it was demolished.

1 hour ago, mauricecohen said:

The short answer is no. The Orbx bridge is one object; both spans are suppressed when the MisterX western part is above it in the .ini file.  You can have the eastern span from a different scenery (if it has the bridge as 2 separate objects).  That is what I have done using an old Bay Area scenery I bought a few years ago - the only issue is that it shows the old Oakland span damaged during the earthquake, alongside the new span, the way it was before it was demolished.

Thanks Maurice.  

Then I think I'm going to report it as a bug.  If they can make the Apple campus spaceship & oracle buildings perfect, they should be able to make a Bay Area icon such as the Bay Bridge as perfectly as a freeware developer like Mister X. Thanks for your time and speedy reply!

2 minutes ago, Kevoone said:

a Bay Area icon such as the Bay Bridge as perfectly as a freeware developer like Mister X

It is not that it is not perfect, what they have given us for the Bay Bridge is an abomination.  I would not hold my breath waiting for a fix (I reported this "bug" the first day NorCal was out).  TE WA bugs reported even earlier in TE WA are not yet fixed.  The priority at Orbx appears to be producing lots of new products, not fixing previous ones.

• 2 weeks later...

I went ahead and created a Bug Report yesterday because I noticed Southern California scenery got a swift update to the KSAN repair requests. Hopefully Orbx can just update the two SF Bay bridges on the V1.0 version of Nor Cal Scenery in xPlane soon.

Hope everyone is staying healthy.  I'm getting lots of flying hours in my new TBM-900.  She's a beauty.

4 hours ago, Kevoone said:

I went ahead and created a Bug Report yesterday because I noticed Southern California scenery got a swift update to the KSAN repair requests. Hopefully Orbx can just update the two SF Bay bridges on the V1.0 version of Nor Cal Scenery in xPlane soon.

Hope everyone is staying healthy.  I'm getting lots of flying hours in my new TBM-900.  She's a beauty.

@Tony Wroblewski for comment please.

Archived