Ethereal roads ?

Hi. I've just purchased Global, Buildings and Vectors for FSX:SE. I'm extremely pleased with these products.

I only have one problem.

While the roads look better at low level, at a more distant range they have a somewhat ghostlike quality, they appear to be a "bit transparent". The picture is the A11 South from Norwich in England (the default tiles here are a bit out, this actually should be almost all green fields :) - this is still the original MS mesh though ?)  ; it looks slightly transparent reasonably close and looks almost like fog further on. I have the settings as suggested in the manual and everything else looks sharp. I have hunted around the forums but couldn't find out how to make these more 'solid'. The roads themselves seem very accurate for my locality.

https://imgur.com/1kzq3Bl

PS: A minor issue, not a bug. I had researched and bought all three at the same time, almost. Due to a mistake on my part I actually bought Vector/Buildings *then* Global. It does warn you when you order Vector it needs global but perhaps the purchase should make this clear or even block it ? Thanks again for a great product, won't be the last (will be looking at the scenery demos in Iceland/Latvia next)

Hello,

welcome to the forums.

Global Base replaces default textures and Vector adds roads, rivers, coastlines and so on.

It is the open LC or regional products that arrange the textures in a much better way, so that you should

expect to see fields where there are fields.

Please make sure that you filtering is set to anisotropic, that anti aliasing is ticked and that the scenery radius

is set to its maximum and see if the roads look better in the distance.

Archived