install issues

drod46

@Nick Cooper Please move this to the XP Support forum as it is not a BUG. Thanks.

There are many posts with solutions to your problem on this forum. I suggest first to take a look at this one and ensure that you have ALL the required prerequisites and Disk space (s) necessary.

https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/162971-true-earth-products-solutions-for-installation-problems/

1 hour ago, drod46 said:

I checked my hard drive space and I have more then enough..I tried downloading the file manually and the file could not be opened..I also did the file verification to no avail...Any more suggestions?

And all the prerequisites?

A manual download is fine but you have to have Orbx Central do the installation. by choosing Install from a manual download, and then pointing to where the download file is.

@Nick Cooper Please move to XP Support forum.

Do you download  on a disk with more than 90 GB of free space.

Do you have XP installed on a separate Disk from the Disk you download onto? 
If you have the download and the XP installed on the same Disk, do you have almost 300GB disk space?

Thanks for you reply. It appears you don't have enough disk space to do a complete download and install. You currently have 302GB free space. Allowing for at least a 10% free space for the Disk to function, 40 GB for the download, this then becomes a requirement for about 90GB to do the Extraction of files, then the conversion from jpg to dds format images and then the total installation of around 210GB. The remnants of the download/extraction and conversion remain on the disk until they are finally removed when the installation is complete. So to summarise, you don't have enough space.

All is not lost though. I strongly suggest that you decide to install the SD version of TE Washington. I have lots of free space on several disks but I chose to install the SD version and it allows me to have higher GPU settings in XP. I see no difference in quality of the imagery from +2000ft. The benefit of the SD version is that it only occupies less than 65GB of disk space, doesn't need to convert any files as it comes shipped with dds format images already, installs quicker and finally loads a flight within TE Washington coverage area a lot quicker.

That is the route I would go. You can always install the HD version at a later date if you get more Disk space or an additional Disk.

Better by far than having the problems you currently have. You can be up and flying very quickly over this great scenery with the SD version installed.

3 hours ago, drod46 said:

I followed your instructions and it cured my ills..Thanks very much

You will not be disappointed with the SD version. I know I am not. I can high tune my GPU settings and run in 4K (with my monitor) and it looks great.

Archived