Runway not following contours

moorer7

I was flying on to EGNT, with all of the true earth for UK, shared cockpit (other pilot not having Orbx). The landing ended up in a crash as my runway are not following the terrain and I have checked that this setting is selected. I do not have any other addons that could affect this and have had issues at other airfields in the past.

As far as I know orbx will not affect the airfields, but even if it does affect the elevation why is the runway perfectly flat?

As EGNT is not an Orbx addon airport I cannot answer your question. What I can tell you is that after checking the default airport apt file I see that there is no "Flatten" entry made in the apt, so the airport is designed to be as it is without enforced runway flattening. The TE for EGNT I believe is TEGB Central which has a mesh included and if there was any TEGB Central mesh issue at this airport it would probably manifest itself as overtly visible bumps and/or dips.

After asking more friends, people with orbx TE central have a flat runway and people without have a contoured runway. Everyone I have asked is using default EGNT and no other addon that can effect the airfield. I believe this is not the only airfield with elevation issues, as had other issues in the TE central area.

The only conclusion I can make is TE central is causing this runway to be flat.

4 hours ago, moorer7 said:

After asking more friends, people with orbx TE central have a flat runway and people without have a contoured runway. Everyone I have asked is using default EGNT and no other addon that can effect the airfield. I believe this is not the only airfield with elevation issues, as had other issues in the TE central area.

Have a look at tdg's EGNT. I use it in conjunction with the TEGB series and have no issues whatsoever. They compliment each other nicely.  

5 hours ago, moorer7 said:

It would appear that there is remedy offered by @Dazzleruk I don't know the cause of the flat runway but it will have something to do with the mesh in TEGB Central. Obviously tdg's version of EGNT is a dedicated airport addon unlike the default airport in XP and the non inclusion of any mods to any default airport in the tEGB series.

Archived